Western Cape Education Department

Western Cape Education Department Employee Reviews

South Africa122 reviews

Great Starting point

I did a government internship at the Dominican School for the Deaf in 2017. It was a great experience, I learnt a lot about the deaf community and the pay was fair especially for just an internship.

Pros

Fair pay, looks good on CV, great and wholesome experiences

Cons

No cons

Love my workplace

I do love my workplace, but management makes it bad. You never seem to be good enough, even though you do your job as expected and tries to go that extra mile. It makes one despondent and not eager to assist as much as you can or want.

Pros

Working hours. no weekend

Cons

manager / not treating everyone equally

Amazing

It’s just so relaxing to work there The staff is friendly The environment is great The salary for an intern is okay The management is good Only Work from Monday to Friday and no public holidays

The WCED provides a stable

The WCED provides a stable working environment. It also provides opportunities for professional growth and development. There are many new developmental opportunities constantly arising. The field of technology is developing at an alarming rate.

Pros

Stable environment

Cons

Rate of professional acceleration.

Not impressed

It's tough to be a teacher, dealing with our society. 2 Timothy 3 : 1 - 5 springs to mind: people will become lovers of themselves. It is a government department. therefore it adheres to the ethos of the government.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Stressful environment. Teaching 7 different subjects

Being a teacher assistant

My work was relaxing and I loved it very much. I was abled to help children who had difficulties in understanding and learning new things To me it was very pleasing to see smiles on the learners faces when I had helped them understand and solve problems on their own. I had a very great experience.

It was the best working place ever

The principle were amazing, the mentor the given us was veey helpfull we interacted alot and we learned extremely well at the school, we were send away for trainging we learned more than we can imagine i was lucky to get a job at their department i love working with kids and would always treasure this place.

Teaching daily

It was fun and exciting to work with the learners. Poor management lead to the school under-performing. As an individual one would develop strategy to manage sometimes an untenable situation. On the broader level it was more difficult to work in an environment that is not conducive to learning. My interaction with the learners, parents, the broader community, the other role-players was awesome. The wonderful relationships one has built up was good.

productive and competitive workplace

You need to be aware ,alert and assertive of work given to you and the way it needs to be done/presented. In an environment as the Western Cape Education Department people are competitive on how their work is done. You are alone,surviving alone and only doing this for yourself, nut that i mean that make sure your work is always done on time. Be responsiveness and have integrity .

Productive and Informative

Clear and concise instructions. Learn new functions. Training provided. Tools to achieve your goals is provided such as telephone, internet access; desktop and keyboard. Learning different electronic systems.

It was a part time job for students.

There was no interview required. This job is given to students who are studying. You work for a period of 2 weeks for maximum. It improves your data capturing skills.

Interesting exciting

Value adding place to work at. A place to learn grow and become a functional public servant to the people of the Western Cape. very diverse working environment.

Work experience

I love working with children and was very attached to my learners. I felt that classes were too crowded and the CAPS curriculum too fast-paced for learners. Management at schools are not always the most friendliest or helpful- easy to make new educators feel incompetent.

Good

My first job as it was an intership that i did however i learned alot gain alot of experience. Everybody is friendly and the hours was amazing however the salary was too little

Helpful and supportive

I only worked with one member of the company. She was a pleasure to work with and was very supportive and helpful. She was always available whenever a query arose and answered as soon as she could.

Educational, Challenging

i can truly say that I love what I do. it;s sometimes tiring but i would do it everyday. Working at the WCED is really not what i expect. Its educational and challenging. i love learning something new everyday. I love the thrill of working under pressure and i love the people that i'm surrounded by everyday.

N/a

Na dont want to air my view. Not really supportive Racial comments No support do eliminate gangsterism and no support with druglords threatens you as manager

Teaching at Kenmere

The school I worked at was very family orientated and homely. Everything was done on it's time and evrything was very orderly yet relaxed to not make you stress and anxious. Colleagues felt like family and school felt like home. I enjoyed my time there and would go there again given the opportunity.

I enjoyed teaching, working with children ,feeding and guiding young minds.

The Wced offers great study and growth opportunities, job security , housing allowance and the perks afforded to your specific position within the Education Dept.

Productive ,fun sometimes very stressful

a start with the assemble and educator briefing session.After 30 meenute of thsy the core business of the day resume wich is teaching and learning.As a manager you need to make sure that everything is in place and smoothly run.Deal with minor problems of behavior and leaner ill discipline.

Exciting, productive, loving and dedicated workplace

It was a great experience for me. I learnt alot from the department and if I had tried to persued my studies, I was willing to extended my contract. In future I would be pleased to go back to the department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Cape Education Department. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Western Cape Education Department