Western Cape Government

Western Cape Government Employee Reviews

South Africa60 reviews
3,0
A typical day would be to go through emails and then go to helpdesk to see which library sites that had network problems then we call them to make sure if their problems are fixed if they, we close the call and if not, we visit that site
3,0
A typical day at Western Cape Government can be very challenging when you have many roles to play. Hardest part is when management become demanding, have learnt to grow in the company
4,0
I enjoy the conceptual challenges and the diverse, complex issues that I'm faced with on a regular basis. I enjoy working with a group of like-minded professionals. The work culture is performance-focused and citizen-centric with a deep appreciation for the people who need to deliver the required services i.e. the employees. The most taxing part of the job relates to the deeply ingrained governance mindsets and systems which results in unnecessary red-tape at times. What I've learnt is the importance of shared vision to create cohesion and stimulate hope in the lives of employees.
5,0
I work with different people but because we were in one industry each one bring different way to do the job easy than to stress also no one when you great seems like what you are sayi ng tohim/her is no happy every time I great se smile to all of them
5,0
Very productive and also it can be a fun workplace aswell depending on how your understanding of fun is.A workplace where employees and employers alike collaborate on various tasks. It is a highly productive environment where time to relax and work is well-balanced. The pace of work is generally set to match the deadline of the task at hand with many of the IT staff adapting and adjusting to their respective tasks as required.
5,0
I was an assistant to the Head of Communications and we worked on our Government site as well as working directly with Ministers and Head of Departments.
5,0
The experience in the western cape government is very good there's no rush as long as your work is being done everything will be okay. There isn't really difficulties in the government all you need to do is understand what you are busy with.
4,0
A typical day that starts with a motivational speaking from the Principal.This however gives energy for the day and ignites the hidden spirit of eagerness to achieve quality goals.Resources are well shared and available to all workmates. There is a free working culture where every team member commands respect, love and a helping hand is available .Information is shared and mostly at par at organisations missions.Not all is a bed of roses as there are a lot of children with difficult backgrounds to deal with on a daily basis.
1,0
Not a good place to work. Management is unprofessional and disorganized. The work environment is not nice. The building is old the equipment is old, there is no work culture.
5,0
It is a great organisation to work for. The publication and promotion section functions quite differently from the rest of the organisation as the tasks are not library related in the sense that for the position of editor one does not require a library qualification but a journalist qualification.
5,0
All the different departments ranging from content creation, social media and the top management you will find a bunch of hard-working and committed people. Everyone is a family and treated the same.
Pros
Family time, no working on weekends, best when it comes to family commitments
3,0
Western Cape Government - serving the Public of the Western Cape through provincial departments enabling client-centric service and programmes for the benefit of all
5,0
good and it was good environment, nice team, nice management
5,0
The work culture is of a high standard where colleagues interact and support each other. I have learnt what it means to be a public servant to live out the values of accountability and integrity.
3,0
Daily administration of skills development activities, attending quarterly meetings, preparation of various compliance reports and attending to ad-hoc requests as requested by management. Training Impact Assessment on selected Learning Programmes and the administration of training impact assessment questionnaires in terms of the Kirk Patrick Model. Any job opportunity is what you make of it. If you are prepared to put in hard work, then the rewards will pay of in terms of job satisfaction. You become part of the organisational culture once you start working. Employees should be able to adapt to the organisational culture in a positive way and to embrace cultural diversity.
Pros
Not Applicable
Cons
Not Applicable
4,0
Typical day for my line of work involved analysis of departments business processes as it pertains to safeguarding of assets, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, Compliance to laws and regulations as well as effeciency and effectiveness of operations.
4,0
The are always chances to learn more things in the Education Department. change is always good. I am being coached and updated with current education issues.
Pros
I enjoy free lunches when possible but work comes first.
Cons
I work beyond the call of duty when necessary.
3,0
we have to ensure all required learners has a reading session learned to manage daily tasks and due dates myself and our manager have a great understanding work wise
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
low paying job
5,0
Centre of learning technical skills within the tech industry. Great teamwork and team motivational skills acquired.Real-world company policies exposure.