Western Cape Government logo
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Western Cape Government Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

4,2Work-Life Balance

Fun and productive workplace

Dr'sSocialworkersDietitiansCpn'sEnrolled nursesAssistent nursesPhysiosGeneral workersHouse keepersIt's was a previlidge to be part of such a dynamic team. I had the previledge to sharpen and broaden my medical experiences as I gained valuable experience.

Pros

Hour lunch

PRODUCTIVE, Friendly workplace

A typical day would be to go through emails and then go to helpdesk to see which library sites that had network problems then we call them to make sure if their problems are fixed if they, we close the call and if not, we visit that site

Prouctive and fun workplace

A typical day at Western Cape Government can be very challenging when you have many roles to play. Hardest part is when management become demanding, have learnt to grow in the company

High performance, professional environment

I enjoy the conceptual challenges and the diverse, complex issues that I'm faced with on a regular basis. I enjoy working with a group of like-minded professionals. The work culture is performance-focused and citizen-centric with a deep appreciation for the people who need to deliver the required services i.e. the employees. The most taxing part of the job relates to the deeply ingrained governance mindsets and systems which results in unnecessary red-tape at times. What I've learnt is the importance of shared vision to create cohesion and stimulate hope in the lives of employees.

productive and fun workplace

Very productive and also it can be a fun workplace aswell depending on how your understanding of fun is.A workplace where employees and employers alike collaborate on various tasks. It is a highly productive environment where time to relax and work is well-balanced. The pace of work is generally set to match the deadline of the task at hand with many of the IT staff adapting and adjusting to their respective tasks as required.

I was an assistant to the Head of Communications and we worked on our Government site as well as working directly with Ministers and Head of Departments.

Experience is good

The experience in the western cape government is very good there's no rush as long as your work is being done everything will be okay. There isn't really difficulties in the government all you need to do is understand what you are busy with.

Productive and fun workplace

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work. Management is unprofessional and disorganized. The work environment is not nice. The building is old the equipment is old, there is no work culture.

Challenging postion but very fulfilling

It is a great organisation to work for. The publication and promotion section functions quite differently from the rest of the organisation as the tasks are not library related in the sense that for the position of editor one does not require a library qualification but a journalist qualification.

Jobs at Western Cape Government

in Cape Town, Western Cape
See more jobs

Fun place to work

All the different departments ranging from content creation, social media and the top management you will find a bunch of hard-working and committed people. Everyone is a family and treated the same.

Pros

Family time, no working on weekends, best when it comes to family commitments

Government

Western Cape Government - serving the Public of the Western Cape through provincial departments enabling client-centric service and programmes for the benefit of all

Great place to work at very much service delivery based

The work culture is of a high standard where colleagues interact and support each other. I have learnt what it means to be a public servant to live out the values of accountability and integrity.

Skills Development Office

Daily administration of skills development activities, attending quarterly meetings, preparation of various compliance reports and attending to ad-hoc requests as requested by management. Training Impact Assessment on selected Learning Programmes and the administration of training impact assessment questionnaires in terms of the Kirk Patrick Model. Any job opportunity is what you make of it. If you are prepared to put in hard work, then the rewards will pay of in terms of job satisfaction. You become part of the organisational culture once you start working. Employees should be able to adapt to the organisational culture in a positive way and to embrace cultural diversity.

Pros

Not Applicable

Cons

Not Applicable

Interesting place to work at depending on your manager

Typical day for my line of work involved analysis of departments business processes as it pertains to safeguarding of assets, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, Compliance to laws and regulations as well as effeciency and effectiveness of operations.

Fun working with the people I am currently working with, enjoying my job day by day, learning new things every now and again

The are always chances to learn more things in the Education Department. change is always good. I am being coached and updated with current education issues.

Pros

I enjoy free lunches when possible but work comes first.

Cons

I work beyond the call of duty when necessary.

Productive and innovative workplace

Centre of learning technical skills within the tech industry. Great teamwork and team motivational skills acquired.Real-world company policies exposure.

Pros

Sponsored Studies

Cons

Little exposure to practicality

Fun workplace and learning environment

Being able to learn constantly meeting different colleges, learning the basics of computers and in depth course of different aspects of computers,management always willing to participate with team, workplace where each one teach one what they know,I enjoyed problem solving with the team on difficult tasks

Pros

Workplace, team building days, benefits

Cons

Non

productive and work with computer system and communication environment

To exert my expertise in practice of my career, enhance effectiveness and efficiency in the discharge of my responsibilities and contribute to the actualization of the goals of the organization that I am given privileged to work in also I am Self-motivated, hardworking, Flexibility to change and Goal driven person.

Productive and good working enviroment

Has enabled me to gain a lot of working experience . Ethical working standards but sometimes one has to work longer hours & transparency in management

Pros

Good working enviroment, ethical working standards, custeomer orientated

Cons

Lacks succession planning and innovation

The workforce especially in the Western Cape is very old with the mentality of this is how its always been done. You have quite a bit of opportunity to constantly learn something new about the inside workings of government and you become to realize even though there are some amazing projects happening the wheel turns extremely slowly and this can be really frustrating.

Pros

Stability

Cons

No succession planning, innovation, progression. Toxic culture
  • Western Cape Government