Western Cape Government

Western Cape Government Employee Reviews for Intern

A typical day would be to go through emails and then go to helpdesk to see which library sites that had network problems then we call them to make sure if their problems are fixed if they, we close the call and if not, we visit that site
The experience in the western cape government is very good there's no rush as long as your work is being done everything will be okay. There isn't really difficulties in the government all you need to do is understand what you are busy with.
A workplace where employees and employers alike collaborate on various tasks. It is a highly productive environment where time to relax and work is well-balanced. The pace of work is generally set to match the deadline of the task at hand with many of the IT staff adapting and adjusting to their respective tasks as required.
Being able to learn constantly meeting different colleges, learning the basics of computers and in depth course of different aspects of computers,management always willing to participate with team, workplace where each one teach one what they know,I enjoyed problem solving with the team on difficult tasks
Pros
Workplace, team building days, benefits
Cons
Non
I found it very experiencing to work for government,it was sometimes difficult before i get used to the place but i took that as a learning activity.i'm 100% sure that when this course end/when i leave this place in march i will be out with full experience because i have learnt a lot from the job i do not regret being here, moving to registry was a challenge but i managed to learn fast and my supervisors were very good with me,the boring part of the job was doing file requests were by you have to run up and down looking for the files,but out of it i gained a lot of experience cause i learnt the types of files and the types of departments people fall under the enjoyable part of the job was to j track the file and to do the Emailing were you confirm that the files are ready for collection and were you have to assist the clients on the counter,i learnt a lot of staff also to do data base,filing and setting up meetings, to reschedule meetings on the diary,Admin job is what i learnt mostly ,The environment i'm working on is good including the people i'm working with,they are kind,understanding,helpful and caring.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Working for the government was stress free and easy. My work colleagues was very nice and helpful, I learned a lot through them. The hardest part of the job was getting so early up in the morning to dodge the traffic. I enjoyed working with my colleagues because they made my day at work a happy one and I wish I could get another opportunity to work for the Western Cape Government again.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Tea Breaks
Cons
Higher level colleagues have a bad attitude towards lower level colleagues.
Great place to work at. The people I work along side are amazing , always motivating and encouraging me. Even the cleaning staff are so friendly. My working hours are very awesome it doesn't interfere with my personal life.
Woolworths has been an education ride. It had taught me to always grab the next best thing and to always push and work harder in order to prosper. One of my greatest experiences.
Pros
One and a half hour lunch
Cons
Being an over achiever in the workplace
Everyday was managed and set out perfectly, Everyone new what had to be done and they made sure it was done. I've learnt the fundamentals about running a workplace through my internship. When I was appointed as office manager I learn that everything as a certain process. Hardest part was controlling everything at once but i soon got use to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone was treated as equal whether you were a intern or supervisor,.
Pros
People are helpful
Cons
Workers can be a bit to talkative at times
i have learn alot her and i have grown not just physicaly in a emotionaly as wel. i have upgreaded my skills on working with computers and tyiping documents. i wake up everyday with a confident becouse im looking forward to learn new things at work.
Pros
we always work as a tearm
Cons
lunch hours are too little
A typical day at the work place starts at 08:00 - 16:30. Where I would set up the computers for the users to have access to it. I learned to adapt to different circumstances and to different personalities. My telephone etiquette and working with people got better, since I helped out at the Thusong Centre when our centre is not busy. I've got to know so many people through communicating verbally and non-verbally. I get along with all my co-workers.