Western Cape Government

Western Cape Government Culture reviews

Clear

High quality service department working hand in hand with the community. It's productive and gives you the opportunity to never stop reaching out to your destiny. A huge responsibility goes and in hand with teamwork and respect for one another.

Pros

Free trainings

Prouctive and fun workplace

A typical day at Western Cape Government can be very challenging when you have many roles to play. Hardest part is when management become demanding, have learnt to grow in the company

High performance, professional environment

I enjoy the conceptual challenges and the diverse, complex issues that I'm faced with on a regular basis. I enjoy working with a group of like-minded professionals. The work culture is performance-focused and citizen-centric with a deep appreciation for the people who need to deliver the required services i.e. the employees. The most taxing part of the job relates to the deeply ingrained governance mindsets and systems which results in unnecessary red-tape at times. What I've learnt is the importance of shared vision to create cohesion and stimulate hope in the lives of employees.

Productive and Work friendly

A typical day that starts with a motivational speaking from the Principal.This however gives energy for the day and ignites the hidden spirit of eagerness to achieve quality goals.Resources are well shared and available to all workmates. There is a free working culture where every team member commands respect, love and a helping hand is available .Information is shared and mostly at par at organisations missions.Not all is a bed of roses as there are a lot of children with difficult backgrounds to deal with on a daily basis.

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work. Management is unprofessional and disorganized. The work environment is not nice. The building is old the equipment is old, there is no work culture.

good

good and it was good environment, nice team, nice management

Great place to work at very much service delivery based

The work culture is of a high standard where colleagues interact and support each other. I have learnt what it means to be a public servant to live out the values of accountability and integrity.

Skills Development Office

Daily administration of skills development activities, attending quarterly meetings, preparation of various compliance reports and attending to ad-hoc requests as requested by management. Training Impact Assessment on selected Learning Programmes and the administration of training impact assessment questionnaires in terms of the Kirk Patrick Model. Any job opportunity is what you make of it. If you are prepared to put in hard work, then the rewards will pay of in terms of job satisfaction. You become part of the organisational culture once you start working. Employees should be able to adapt to the organisational culture in a positive way and to embrace cultural diversity.

Pros

Not Applicable

Cons

Not Applicable

Lacks succession planning and innovation

The workforce especially in the Western Cape is very old with the mentality of this is how its always been done. You have quite a bit of opportunity to constantly learn something new about the inside workings of government and you become to realize even though there are some amazing projects happening the wheel turns extremely slowly and this can be really frustrating.

Pros

Stability

Cons

No succession planning, innovation, progression. Toxic culture

This was a good foundation for development within the field of how to capture documents onto a database, storing documents and meeting deadlines.

I would start my day at 07:30am till 4pm diligently and I would query higher authority or colleagues with longer experience which documents for the day needed to be captured into the database and where it needs to be stored. I had learned the importance of process orientation(complete what needs to be done and sticking to the process will enable me to meet deadlines) and how to adapt to environments(ethical).The management of work had been efficient when sticking to the process of capturing and storing of sectioned documents diligently. The workplace culture had been sophisticated(professional/ethical) and supportive social engagements.The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were no problems in the workplace(colleagues/authority) or the job and I would regard getting to work on time is the hardest part but manageable at the same time.

Pros

Simplicity in occupational duties.

Jobs at Western Cape Government

See more jobs

Work place is nice with diverse people. You have to stand your grounds and remember what you are here to do. Politics can influence you if you do not have a backbone.

very productive and extremely hardworking workplace.

Great place to work at. The people I work along side are amazing , always motivating and encouraging me. Even the cleaning staff are so friendly. My working hours are very awesome it doesn't interfere with my personal life.

Hardworking and fun

Everyday I learn something new like how to work on certain programs .The co-workers are wonderful.The hardest part of the job is when you working towards a died line.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and fun workplace

Everyday is a working day productive and also challenging. It requires one to manage time effectively and do tasks delegated on time and stay focus and energetic. The climate is good and it's easy to adapt to the culture of the department. The management is very welcoming and the co-workers are great and very assisting. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it enables one to grow and to develop and exposes you to other departments.

Pros

Free educational tours

Cons

A company to work for. Exposure to I.T Core-Workers -Responsible, sharing information Hardest Part - Difficult people Enjoable Part - working hand in hand

Productive workplace

A typical day at the work place starts at 08:00 - 16:30. Where I would set up the computers for the users to have access to it. I learned to adapt to different circumstances and to different personalities. My telephone etiquette and working with people got better, since I helped out at the Thusong Centre when our centre is not busy. I've got to know so many people through communicating verbally and non-verbally. I get along with all my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Cape Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Western Cape Government