Western Cape Government

Western Cape Government Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.7Job Security & Advancement

Fun and productive workplace

Dr'sSocialworkersDietitiansCpn'sEnrolled nursesAssistent nursesPhysiosGeneral workersHouse keepersIt's was a previlidge to be part of such a dynamic team. I had the previledge to sharpen and broaden my medical experiences as I gained valuable experience.

Pros

Hour lunch

Prouctive and fun workplace

A typical day at Western Cape Government can be very challenging when you have many roles to play. Hardest part is when management become demanding, have learnt to grow in the company

Challenging postion but very fulfilling

It is a great organisation to work for. The publication and promotion section functions quite differently from the rest of the organisation as the tasks are not library related in the sense that for the position of editor one does not require a library qualification but a journalist qualification.

Fun working with the people I am currently working with, enjoying my job day by day, learning new things every now and again

The are always chances to learn more things in the Education Department. change is always good. I am being coached and updated with current education issues.

Pros

I enjoy free lunches when possible but work comes first.

Cons

I work beyond the call of duty when necessary.

Productive and innovative workplace

Centre of learning technical skills within the tech industry. Great teamwork and team motivational skills acquired.Real-world company policies exposure.

Pros

Sponsored Studies

Cons

Little exposure to practicality

productive and work with computer system and communication environment

To exert my expertise in practice of my career, enhance effectiveness and efficiency in the discharge of my responsibilities and contribute to the actualization of the goals of the organization that I am given privileged to work in also I am Self-motivated, hardworking, Flexibility to change and Goal driven person.

Productive workplace

With so much work that but still our work is still very relaxed and productive with high professional standards. Managers treat employees as their equals which makes motivates high staff morale.

Pros

medical aid, housing allowance, 13th cheque

Cons

No career growth, unsatisfying remuneration and benefits.

Productive and exciting , while experimenting

It was a great experience, I learned a lot and met quite amazing people. The working environment was explicit and makes you want to go the extra mile.

Pros

Alot of experiences

Cons

Not much stability

Productive and friendly

Exciting opportunity for growth and experience. I enjoyed working with the employees and fellow colleagues, supervisors are good. Good company for expertise.

Pros

Exciting bonding opportunities

Cons

N/a

Loads of benefits and job security.

A great space for learning and collaboration. Bureaucracy is ultimately what makes the job difficult. The knowledge that your work can make a positive impact on citizens is very rewarding.

Jobs at Western Cape Government

See more jobs

Engagement at strategic level with stakeholders in the province

A great place to work and learn about skills development on a strategic level as well as about the education pipeline from general to post-school education. Identifying the gaps between supply and demand and addressing systemic issues to minimize the gap was is the most enjoyable and hardest part.

Pros

Bursary and housing benefit

Cons

limited advancement

It is a professional environment to work in which trains you to always remain proficient in the workplace, it is seen as a huge benefit.

My work space has given me the opportunity to enjoy what I am doing including the rest of the staff that are very friendly and do not ill treat anybody lower or higher than themselves. It is with great pleasure to work in a professional environment and to broaden my horizons to get experience in the career field I would like to grow in.

Pros

Happy Staff

Fun workplace

Managing an outlet, achieving specific targets and objectives related to data collection, market research and territory development. Responsible for managing the relationship between the customer, the store manager and the client. Assisting the client in growing its brand through the impactful promotion. Compilation of statistical information and submitting to Manager. Ensure all problems are reported and actioned in the correct manner within 24 hours.

Pros

flexibility

Well administrated government institution

Being under the guidance of a caring and knowledgeable mentor ensured I received invaluable insight in the town planning profession.

Educational

Woolworths has been an education ride. It had taught me to always grab the next best thing and to always push and work harder in order to prosper. One of my greatest experiences.

Pros

One and a half hour lunch

Cons

Being an over achiever in the workplace

Well organised but not to strict

Everyday was managed and set out perfectly, Everyone new what had to be done and they made sure it was done. I've learnt the fundamentals about running a workplace through my internship. When I was appointed as office manager I learn that everything as a certain process. Hardest part was controlling everything at once but i soon got use to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone was treated as equal whether you were a intern or supervisor,.

Pros

People are helpful

Cons

Workers can be a bit to talkative at times

intranet is faster , the skills tearm is great

i have learn alot her and i have grown not just physicaly in a emotionaly as wel. i have upgreaded my skills on working with computers and tyiping documents. i wake up everyday with a confident becouse im looking forward to learn new things at work.

Pros

we always work as a tearm

Cons

lunch hours are too little

Productive Place

Filled with mentors willing to teach you whatever it is you want to know or learn about. One can just consult them and they will gladly be of assistance. I have been given my own mentor to assist me with any queries and questions I may have. I enjoy it here and would come back one day when I have the proper qualifications.

Organisation Design Project

Organisation re-design interventions Project based work Job evaluations Re-writing job descriptions Drawing organisational structures

Pros

Set work hours

Cons

No room for growth and promotions

Job security

Been working for the Department of the Premier for 5 years. Started working as a messenger and still a messenger today. Always applying for other higher level posts but in vain. Been doing my best to collect as much exposure at other areas of work but it doesn't seem to help. Have worked as helpdesk operator and currently acting as admin clerk but still doing my driving duties. Management do not recognise or appreciate hardwork ad commitment.

Pros

free short courses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Cape Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Western Cape Government
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?