Western Cape Government

Western Cape Government Management reviews

A typical day at Western Cape Government can be very challenging when you have many roles to play. Hardest part is when management become demanding, have learnt to grow in the company
Not a good place to work. Management is unprofessional and disorganized. The work environment is not nice. The building is old the equipment is old, there is no work culture.
All the different departments ranging from content creation, social media and the top management you will find a bunch of hard-working and committed people. Everyone is a family and treated the same.
Pros
Family time, no working on weekends, best when it comes to family commitments
good and it was good environment, nice team, nice management
The work culture is of a high standard where colleagues interact and support each other. I have learnt what it means to be a public servant to live out the values of accountability and integrity.
Daily administration of skills development activities, attending quarterly meetings, preparation of various compliance reports and attending to ad-hoc requests as requested by management. Training Impact Assessment on selected Learning Programmes and the administration of training impact assessment questionnaires in terms of the Kirk Patrick Model. Any job opportunity is what you make of it. If you are prepared to put in hard work, then the rewards will pay of in terms of job satisfaction. You become part of the organisational culture once you start working. Employees should be able to adapt to the organisational culture in a positive way and to embrace cultural diversity.
Pros
Not Applicable
Cons
Not Applicable
Being able to learn constantly meeting different colleges, learning the basics of computers and in depth course of different aspects of computers,management always willing to participate with team, workplace where each one teach one what they know,I enjoyed problem solving with the team on difficult tasks
Pros
Workplace, team building days, benefits
Cons
Non
Has enabled me to gain a lot of working experience . Ethical working standards but sometimes one has to work longer hours & transparency in management
Pros
Good working enviroment, ethical working standards, custeomer orientated
Cons
With so much work that but still our work is still very relaxed and productive with high professional standards. Managers treat employees as their equals which makes motivates high staff morale.
Pros
medical aid, housing allowance, 13th cheque
Cons
No career growth, unsatisfying remuneration and benefits.
I would start my day at 07:30am till 4pm diligently and I would query higher authority or colleagues with longer experience which documents for the day needed to be captured into the database and where it needs to be stored. I had learned the importance of process orientation(complete what needs to be done and sticking to the process will enable me to meet deadlines) and how to adapt to environments(ethical).The management of work had been efficient when sticking to the process of capturing and storing of sectioned documents diligently. The workplace culture had been sophisticated(professional/ethical) and supportive social engagements.The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were no problems in the workplace(colleagues/authority) or the job and I would regard getting to work on time is the hardest part but manageable at the same time.
Pros
Simplicity in occupational duties.
Cons
Every day is a day to look forward to, with the curiosity and anxiety of meeting new people everyday.I learn a a lot about people management and how to conduct and resolve a certain problem or how to answer enquirers from citizens in a productive and simplest form for them to understand.Hardest part of my job is that i get citizens that don't want to be told what to do and when, but i learnt that the way you approach them counts because it makes them feel free if you are friendly and calm.
Over population in classes, building structure not conducive to learning and teaching. Management style caters for different individuals. fun to work with them.
Translating, editing, proofreading, revision, language advisory services, development of terminology, liaison with clients, copywriting for Better Together magazine, online content management
Pros
medical aid, pension
Cons
Low salary
High salaries, low work, high training; if you can get through the nepotism and affirmative action. The bureaucracy will hamper any clerical submissions, but no one seems to mind blaming it - for example, waiting for a month for a computer terminal - as it means more time watching series and films on your mobile.
- Never know what to expect, new challenges daily. - Learned to deal with the varied challenges by implementing controls to mitigate any risks involved. - Management supportive - Co workers very knowledgeable - Having to wait on others for information to complete my tasks - The most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving and people interaction.
Pros
Good Working Environment
Cons
Contract Position
Everyday is a working day productive and also challenging. It requires one to manage time effectively and do tasks delegated on time and stay focus and energetic. The climate is good and it's easy to adapt to the culture of the department. The management is very welcoming and the co-workers are great and very assisting. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it enables one to grow and to develop and exposes you to other departments.
Pros
Free educational tours
Cons
A typical day at Dot P would be coming in and immediately hearing the laughter and warmth, we were more than co-workers, they were family. I learned that what people say about Government is not always true, that there are hard working individuals trying to make productivity in this country a reality. Management at Dot P was the best I have ever come across. My co-workers like i said was my family, my working life at Department of the Premier was by far the most enjoyable because of the people I had the chance to work with. The hardest part of my day was locating a document when it wasn't on the file it needed to be. The most enjoyabe part was being surrounded by people who really were passionate about what they do and also about each other
Pros
Equality in the workplace
Cons
Been working for the Department of the Premier for 5 years. Started working as a messenger and still a messenger today. Always applying for other higher level posts but in vain. Been doing my best to collect as much exposure at other areas of work but it doesn't seem to help. Have worked as helpdesk operator and currently acting as admin clerk but still doing my driving duties. Management do not recognise or appreciate hardwork ad commitment.
Pros
free short courses