Western Cape Government

Western Cape Government Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

High quality service department working hand in hand with the community. It's productive and gives you the opportunity to never stop reaching out to your destiny. A huge responsibility goes and in hand with teamwork and respect for one another.

Pros

Free trainings

PRODUCTIVE, Friendly workplace

A typical day would be to go through emails and then go to helpdesk to see which library sites that had network problems then we call them to make sure if their problems are fixed if they, we close the call and if not, we visit that site

the job it was good

I work with different people but because we were in one industry each one bring different way to do the job easy than to stress also no one when you great seems like what you are sayi ng tohim/her is no happy every time I great se smile to all of them

Fun working with the people I am currently working with, enjoying my job day by day, learning new things every now and again

The are always chances to learn more things in the Education Department. change is always good. I am being coached and updated with current education issues.

Pros

I enjoy free lunches when possible but work comes first.

Cons

I work beyond the call of duty when necessary.

Productive and good working enviroment

Has enabled me to gain a lot of working experience . Ethical working standards but sometimes one has to work longer hours & transparency in management

Pros

Good working enviroment, ethical working standards, custeomer orientated

Cons

Lacks succession planning and innovation

The workforce especially in the Western Cape is very old with the mentality of this is how its always been done. You have quite a bit of opportunity to constantly learn something new about the inside workings of government and you become to realize even though there are some amazing projects happening the wheel turns extremely slowly and this can be really frustrating.

Pros

Stability

Cons

No succession planning, innovation, progression. Toxic culture

Every day is a day to look forward to, with the curiosity and anxiety of meeting new people everyday.I learn a a lot about people management and how to conduct and resolve a certain problem or how to answer enquirers from citizens in a productive and simplest form for them to understand.Hardest part of my job is that i get citizens that don't want to be told what to do and when, but i learnt that the way you approach them counts because it makes them feel free if you are friendly and calm.

Productive and exciting , while experimenting

It was a great experience, I learned a lot and met quite amazing people. The working environment was explicit and makes you want to go the extra mile.

Pros

Alot of experiences

Cons

Not much stability

Productive and friendly

Exciting opportunity for growth and experience. I enjoyed working with the employees and fellow colleagues, supervisors are good. Good company for expertise.

Pros

Exciting bonding opportunities

Cons

N/a

Loads of benefits and job security.

A great space for learning and collaboration. Bureaucracy is ultimately what makes the job difficult. The knowledge that your work can make a positive impact on citizens is very rewarding.

Jobs at Western Cape Government

See more jobs

Hardworking and fun

Everyday I learn something new like how to work on certain programs .The co-workers are wonderful.The hardest part of the job is when you working towards a died line.

Pros

Free lunches

Educational

Woolworths has been an education ride. It had taught me to always grab the next best thing and to always push and work harder in order to prosper. One of my greatest experiences.

Pros

One and a half hour lunch

Cons

Being an over achiever in the workplace

my work palce is cool

my working environment is alright learn alot have alot of fun also hard work goes into things a person do. meet new people have get expose to things working hours great. so far i have no complaints working here and would like building myself up but first i would like to follow my dreams and get as many qaulifications into different things at the moment

Pros

we have exciting lunches

Cons

we dont have that long hours

Productive and fun workplace

Everyday is a working day productive and also challenging. It requires one to manage time effectively and do tasks delegated on time and stay focus and energetic. The climate is good and it's easy to adapt to the culture of the department. The management is very welcoming and the co-workers are great and very assisting. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it enables one to grow and to develop and exposes you to other departments.

Pros

Free educational tours

Cons

A company to work for. Exposure to I.T Core-Workers -Responsible, sharing information Hardest Part - Difficult people Enjoable Part - working hand in hand

Department of the Premier (Dot P)

A typical day at Dot P would be coming in and immediately hearing the laughter and warmth, we were more than co-workers, they were family. I learned that what people say about Government is not always true, that there are hard working individuals trying to make productivity in this country a reality. Management at Dot P was the best I have ever come across. My co-workers like i said was my family, my working life at Department of the Premier was by far the most enjoyable because of the people I had the chance to work with. The hardest part of my day was locating a document when it wasn't on the file it needed to be. The most enjoyabe part was being surrounded by people who really were passionate about what they do and also about each other

Pros

Equality in the workplace

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Cape Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Western Cape Government
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?