Western Cape Government

Western Cape Government Employee Reviews

High quality service department working hand in hand with the community. It's productive and gives you the opportunity to never stop reaching out to your destiny. A huge responsibility goes and in hand with teamwork and respect for one another.
Pros
Free trainings
A great place to work and learn about skills development on a strategic level as well as about the education pipeline from general to post-school education. Identifying the gaps between supply and demand and addressing systemic issues to minimize the gap was is the most enjoyable and hardest part.
Pros
Bursary and housing benefit
Cons
limited advancement
My work space has given me the opportunity to enjoy what I am doing including the rest of the staff that are very friendly and do not ill treat anybody lower or higher than themselves. It is with great pleasure to work in a professional environment and to broaden my horizons to get experience in the career field I would like to grow in.
Pros
Happy Staff
Managing an outlet, achieving specific targets and objectives related to data collection, market research and territory development. Responsible for managing the relationship between the customer, the store manager and the client. Assisting the client in growing its brand through the impactful promotion. Compilation of statistical information and submitting to Manager. Ensure all problems are reported and actioned in the correct manner within 24 hours.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Being under the guidance of a caring and knowledgeable mentor ensured I received invaluable insight in the town planning profession.
Early in the morning, before starting time everyone will greet each other. The work-ethic was very high, everybody start on time and push for the highest level of production. We have set days and time for staff meetings. The supervisor would enquire now and then on difficult tasks, in order to assist. The co-workers are all very friendly and helpful. We all were subject to strict turn-around times for task -completion. The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult clients, who appears to be unreasonable. I managed to exercise great patience and personal care to clarify any misunderstandings with clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was when clients understood policies, work processes and procedures and expressed satisfaction afterwards.
Everyday I learn something new like how to work on certain programs .The co-workers are wonderful.The hardest part of the job is when you working towards a died line.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
- Never know what to expect, new challenges daily. - Learned to deal with the varied challenges by implementing controls to mitigate any risks involved. - Management supportive - Co workers very knowledgeable - Having to wait on others for information to complete my tasks - The most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving and people interaction.
Pros
Good Working Environment
Cons
Contract Position
Woolworths has been an education ride. It had taught me to always grab the next best thing and to always push and work harder in order to prosper. One of my greatest experiences.
Pros
One and a half hour lunch
Cons
Being an over achiever in the workplace
Everyday was managed and set out perfectly, Everyone new what had to be done and they made sure it was done. I've learnt the fundamentals about running a workplace through my internship. When I was appointed as office manager I learn that everything as a certain process. Hardest part was controlling everything at once but i soon got use to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone was treated as equal whether you were a intern or supervisor,.
Pros
People are helpful
Cons
Workers can be a bit to talkative at times
my working environment is alright learn alot have alot of fun also hard work goes into things a person do. meet new people have get expose to things working hours great. so far i have no complaints working here and would like building myself up but first i would like to follow my dreams and get as many qaulifications into different things at the moment
Pros
we have exciting lunches
Cons
we dont have that long hours
Everyday is a working day productive and also challenging. It requires one to manage time effectively and do tasks delegated on time and stay focus and energetic. The climate is good and it's easy to adapt to the culture of the department. The management is very welcoming and the co-workers are great and very assisting. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it enables one to grow and to develop and exposes you to other departments.
Pros
Free educational tours
Cons
i have learn alot her and i have grown not just physicaly in a emotionaly as wel. i have upgreaded my skills on working with computers and tyiping documents. i wake up everyday with a confident becouse im looking forward to learn new things at work.
Pros
we always work as a tearm
Cons
lunch hours are too little
A company to work for. Exposure to I.T Core-Workers -Responsible, sharing information Hardest Part - Difficult people Enjoable Part - working hand in hand
Filled with mentors willing to teach you whatever it is you want to know or learn about. One can just consult them and they will gladly be of assistance. I have been given my own mentor to assist me with any queries and questions I may have. I enjoy it here and would come back one day when I have the proper qualifications.
A typical day at the work place starts at 08:00 - 16:30. Where I would set up the computers for the users to have access to it. I learned to adapt to different circumstances and to different personalities. My telephone etiquette and working with people got better, since I helped out at the Thusong Centre when our centre is not busy. I've got to know so many people through communicating verbally and non-verbally. I get along with all my co-workers.
Organisation re-design interventions Project based work Job evaluations Re-writing job descriptions Drawing organisational structures
Pros
Set work hours
Cons
No room for growth and promotions
In registry things can get pretty hectic because of all the incoming and outgoing post that takes place on a day to day basis. You need to be able to deal with people and their attitudes, you need lots of patience.
Pros
Short working hours
Cons
Government is all about status and money.
A typical day at Dot P would be coming in and immediately hearing the laughter and warmth, we were more than co-workers, they were family. I learned that what people say about Government is not always true, that there are hard working individuals trying to make productivity in this country a reality. Management at Dot P was the best I have ever come across. My co-workers like i said was my family, my working life at Department of the Premier was by far the most enjoyable because of the people I had the chance to work with. The hardest part of my day was locating a document when it wasn't on the file it needed to be. The most enjoyabe part was being surrounded by people who really were passionate about what they do and also about each other
Pros
Equality in the workplace
Cons
I am always the first one in the office. I get there and see my tasks for the day. By the time my colleagues arrive I am already in work mode. I have learnt a lot from this job. Firstly, I learnt that patience is really virtue. I also learnt how to manage my time and myself. As a result I always have enough time on my hands. Furthermore, I learnt the importance of working in teams. Teamwork can be very good for projects/ companies. It gives me great pleasure when my colleagues are looking at me present my findings. It makes me feel like part of the team.
Pros
Gaining valuable experience, flexible work times, open line of communication
Cons
Traveling with public transport
Been working for the Department of the Premier for 5 years. Started working as a messenger and still a messenger today. Always applying for other higher level posts but in vain. Been doing my best to collect as much exposure at other areas of work but it doesn't seem to help. Have worked as helpdesk operator and currently acting as admin clerk but still doing my driving duties. Management do not recognise or appreciate hardwork ad commitment.
Pros
free short courses