Western Cape Provincial Parliament

Western Cape Provincial Parliament Employee Reviews

South Africa9 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Relaxed

Was no too much pressure we were working on our own without supervision. I learned to work independently because the Members were always out of office. The management were depending on us too much because they were always on meetings. The hardest only when the Members doing the Annual Report was affecting us too much because every documents his \she going to use we must know it. I really enjoyed because they were talking on lunches and when they go on recession we were all taking slow to our work

Pros

Bags, dinners

Cons

8 hours

good organisation, bad management

it is a good place to work in, only if management mindset would change eg living politics for politicians. The most enjoyable part was to assist members of the public ie working away from the organisation

Productive and Great workin Environment

Normal day attending calls on helpdesk email account . I am still learning alot i have less than 5 months of experience so am knew to the technical support field. Management is good. The culture here is that you friendly to your colleauges and speak out if you have problems with someone. Experiencing different technical problems and troubleshooting because am still inexperienced. Learning something new everyday

Pros

birth day lunches

Good work/life balance

It was an organisation with great people. People were friendly and great friendships were made even though I was there for a short space of time. There were no expectations to work extremely long hours and if you had to, you were compensated via overtime.

Pros

Great location in the CBD, close to shops like Food Lovers and Clicks and public transport

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy

Productive and very hardworking

I have learnt many different things such as doing my job better and assisting others. i always had a wonderful day at work because the staff was pleasant to work with.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly staff

Controlled and Legislative environment

Being in the public service, Provincial Parliament has a mandate to serve all citizens of the Western Cape. These include passing provincial laws. There is thus, a very controlled audited environment as it involves working with Tax payers moneys. The culture is not very progressive and rather subscribes to minimalistic in nature. Provincial parliament has a very flat structure where there is very little room for vertical growth, however, it leaves room for extensive learning in various other areas of function. I get see the political side of things and how the province is governed and meet many politicians, Our primary aim is to ensure that Political office bearers are sufficiently equipped to fulfill their mandate in terms of IT equipment and software accessibility.

Pros

Interacting with political role players in the province

Cons

Not very progressive career structure

Woeking environment

I work long hours sometimes to get work done , but I do not get the proper appraisals , i feel that they don't value my contribution, hence i am thinking of moving somewhere else i will be able to be utilised and valued at the same time by sharing my skills and knowledge that i have obtained from previous jobs or departments that i worked in.

People are very friendly and fun to work with

My time at WCPP I met interesting people. I am very impressed with the level of professionalism and high work ethic of the members of Parliament and their staff. Everyone has a task to perform and if not done accurately or with great precision the consequences are catastrophic. Laws will be passed that affect the greater population. Making decisions based on facts and research are of utmost importance and creating legislation and writing laws is a formidable task. I have learnt that the people who should be in charge of this process should always have the ideas and values of the masses at heart.

Pros

Very rewarding

Cons

Pro-active and fun

I worked there on a freelance basis, but I would say they were great people to work with.

Pros

free lunches and constant partying.

Cons

flexible hours and high rates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Cape Provincial Parliament. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance