Western Cape Provincial Parliament

South Africa10 reviews

Clear
3,4Work-Life Balance
3,1Job Security & Advancement

Management only uplifted people that did favours for them. Otherwise you will not be promoted.

Enjoyed the job itself. Worked there for 16 years without promotion so was my colleague. A person had 36 yrs experience in his job was never promoted.

Pros

Housing and medical subsidy

Controlled and Legislative environment

Being in the public service, Provincial Parliament has a mandate to serve all citizens of the Western Cape. These include passing provincial laws. There is thus, a very controlled audited environment as it involves working with Tax payers moneys. The culture is not very progressive and rather subscribes to minimalistic in nature. Provincial parliament has a very flat structure where there is very little room for vertical growth, however, it leaves room for extensive learning in various other areas of function. I get see the political side of things and how the province is governed and meet many politicians, Our primary aim is to ensure that Political office bearers are sufficiently equipped to fulfill their mandate in terms of IT equipment and software accessibility.

Pros

Interacting with political role players in the province

Cons

Not very progressive career structure

Woeking environment

I work long hours sometimes to get work done , but I do not get the proper appraisals , i feel that they don't value my contribution, hence i am thinking of moving somewhere else i will be able to be utilised and valued at the same time by sharing my skills and knowledge that i have obtained from previous jobs or departments that i worked in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Cape Provincial Parliament. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance