Western Province Caterers
3,0 out of 5 stars.

Western Province Caterers Employee Reviews

South Africa29 reviews

2,9Work-Life Balance

Residents made it worth all the work.

Alot of hard work, for minimum wage. Expectations are above normal. Everyone is out for themselves. Its a good stepping stone but its best not to get ur hopes up of friendships or team work. They dont acknowledge employees who work really hard to make it all run smoothly. Keep to yourself, do your work and ull be okay.

Face paced workplace.

Company is well established with years of experience in the field of catering. They create team moral by interactive sessions and online learning activities.

Very confused have no idea which way is up

Managers don't know which way is up. Stock is always out or late. Get pushed out the way while working so they can insult you. Broken equipment no effort to get it fixed and buy new stuff

Horrible Place to work

The atmosphere is fearful, staff are bullied and taken advantage of at every opportunity. Avoid at all costs.Hours are long, pay is poor and the stress is overwhelming

Pros

Cons

Stress and constant worry about keeping your job.

Interesting

They're are not n bad company they treat you nice and everything but the hours that we work it's not worth the money that we earn it's a 11hourshift thank you.

Pros

Off days

Cons

12 hours

It's fine and as a work place should be

Worked there and find no fault in the place as it hang all entire on one self if you know your work then you won't have a problem, if you a housekeeper then you need to know cleaning is of importants to your self and to other and benefit both, so knowing your cleaning and doing the job is important and vaccination aswell as it comes with cleanliness.

Fun working place and learning each day new experiences in line of work

It was nice working for WPCI learned alot and very fastI was always eager to help where i can so that i can get more experience in the work place The staff and employers were fun to work with you starting to bond with each and everyone because you work long hours with them they became more like your family at work the joy and laughter on weekend when you are at work are undescribable

Pros

Free tea breaks

Cons

Weekends working till 5 o'clock

great fast paced company to work for

i loved working there i made lots of friends and the boss lady is very kind. also very generous and great overall atmosphere the uniform definitely sucks .

Pros

lots of free lunches

Cons

you get paid the last day of the month

It's a fun working place but very productive

If you do your work and keep to time you won't have any worries cleaning as you go is one of the most important things you have to keep in mind when working for western province.

Pros

Easy to find

Cons

Nice hours

Fantastic for entry level employment

Its a fantastic company overall but some supervisors dont have a way of speaking and dont care how they treat people which makes the experience hard. In a nutshell its lots of work for little money

Pros

Free lunch, can work yourself up within the company

Cons

Under paying and no benefits

My overall about weatern province caterers is the mistreat of people, not paying the salary the people deserve, stressfull.

The management treat the staff so poorely that it's a strungle for a person to take a sick leave day and you sign warnings for asking about your salary.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Very good

Learn alot by western province cateres. Management is very good. Enjoy every moment at western province caterers. Everyone work together as I team. Make food for the old people.

Good learning experience

Great place to learn, experiment and experience new menu ideas. We serve patients breakfast, lunch and supper. We have 4 working stations: Larder Hot Diets Desserts

Overall a good company to work for.

Good benifits Especially if you in management. On job training available. Growth opportunity Study bursaries available Salaries could be better Yearly increase

Horrible place

You get no lunch breaks. Management is the worse and alot of backstabbers Long hours and underpaid. Experience good but that's all. So glad I'm gone from the Godforsaken place.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I could make residents smile including staff on a day to day basis

I would like to start a new career not because I don't love what I'm doing I have quite a passion for what I'm doing but I want to grow in life I want to grow in the hospitality industry so therefore I will search for something that meets my needs.

Not enjoyable

I been working 7yrs for this company .Over the years I gained alot of experience. Self confidence and met alot people on my journey working for western province.Recently I am very unhappy n dont feel worthy anymore after all my hard work and passion for my job

Pros

Getting great experience

Cons

Low salaries

Decent company

work/ life balance was great, no incentive at the end of the year. Great onsite support from the contracting company. Limited movement in terms of growth within the company.

Pros

good hours

Cons

no bonus

Professional and cultural heritage

The job had its perks nice cultural heritage and togetherness there's so much to learn from each other and everyone helps you in every way long term or short term

The staff make it bearable management is terrible

Work long hours little pay a lot of backstabbing from management a little pay always struggling to get money. Management swearing at staff at head office.it was just terrible it starts out all rosey but turns ugly fast. No HR process at all.

Pros

Cons

Your colleguaes

Well Presented Company With a Smell

Well managed company with a good reputation in general. In my many years in hospitality and catering, I have never felt so insecure in my job, getting rid of staff is shockingly easy, without any remorse. You have to fight for a decent salary, getting paid what you worth is a general practice. Growth opportunities are probably my highlight about WPC as there are transfer and promotion options.

Pros

Promotions, Reputable Company

Cons

Long Hours, Under Paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Province Caterers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,7 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Western Province Caterers
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?