Western Province Caterers

Western Province Caterers Employee Reviews

Fantastic for entry level employment

Its a fantastic company overall but some supervisors dont have a way of speaking and dont care how they treat people which makes the experience hard. In a nutshell its lots of work for little money

Pros

Free lunch, can work yourself up within the company

Cons

Under paying and no benefits

great fast paced company to work for

i loved working there i made lots of friends and the boss lady is very kind. also very generous and great overall atmosphere the uniform definitely sucks .

Pros

lots of free lunches

Cons

you get paid the last day of the month

It's a fun working place but very productive

If you do your work and keep to time you won't have any worries cleaning as you go is one of the most important things you have to keep in mind when working for western province.

Pros

Easy to find

Cons

Nice hours

My overall about weatern province caterers is the mistreat of people, not paying the salary the people deserve, stressfull.

The management treat the staff so poorely that it's a strungle for a person to take a sick leave day and you sign warnings for asking about your salary.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Very good

Learn alot by western province cateres. Management is very good. Enjoy every moment at western province caterers. Everyone work together as I team. Make food for the old people.

Good learning experience

Great place to learn, experiment and experience new menu ideas. We serve patients breakfast, lunch and supper. We have 4 working stations: Larder Hot Diets Desserts

Overall a good company to work for.

Good benifits Especially if you in management. On job training available. Growth opportunity Study bursaries available Salaries could be better Yearly increase

Horrible place

You get no lunch breaks. Management is the worse and alot of backstabbers Long hours and underpaid. Experience good but that's all. So glad I'm gone from the Godforsaken place.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I could make residents smile including staff on a day to day basis

I would like to start a new career not because I don't love what I'm doing I have quite a passion for what I'm doing but I want to grow in life I want to grow in the hospitality industry so therefore I will search for something that meets my needs.

Not enjoyable

I been working 7yrs for this company .Over the years I gained alot of experience. Self confidence and met alot people on my journey working for western province.Recently I am very unhappy n dont feel worthy anymore after all my hard work and passion for my job

Pros

Getting great experience

Cons

Low salaries

Decent company

work/ life balance was great, no incentive at the end of the year. Great onsite support from the contracting company. Limited movement in terms of growth within the company.

Pros

good hours

Cons

no bonus

Professional and cultural heritage

The job had its perks nice cultural heritage and togetherness there's so much to learn from each other and everyone helps you in every way long term or short term

The staff make it bearable management is terrible

Work long hours little pay a lot of backstabbing from management a little pay always struggling to get money. Management swearing at staff at head office.it was just terrible it starts out all rosey but turns ugly fast. No HR process at all.

Pros

Cons

Your colleguaes

Well Presented Company With a Smell

Well managed company with a good reputation in general. In my many years in hospitality and catering, I have never felt so insecure in my job, getting rid of staff is shockingly easy, without any remorse. You have to fight for a decent salary, getting paid what you worth is a general practice. Growth opportunities are probably my highlight about WPC as there are transfer and promotion options.

Pros

Promotions, Reputable Company

Cons

Long Hours, Under Paid

Productive and a fun work enviroment

I e hljoyed working for the company.The management made you feel welcome and important.UV learned a lot from western province caterers because they give you the opportunity to grow by letting you go study further if you want to become a chef.the is a learnership program available to any one who is interested. If you live far from where your unit is they give travelling allowance. Each and every day you learn something new like how to do stock take,how to cook,how to worked ng shifts etc.

Pros

Free lunches

Productuff and fun workplace

Very good people to work for I have learned alot over the years they very understanding and do the best for there staff the salary can just inprove for the hard work the staff gives.

Pros

They have shifts

Cons

Just two weekends a month

Productive , Pressurized, fun

I enjoyed working and being exposed to new learnings/ experiences and opportunities. . It was a pressurized environment especially when recruitment targets had to be met. However I enjoyed liaising with the clients and candidates and also enjoyed my involved in Recruitment drives for International companies/ Hotels/ Restaurants (Hospitality Industry) in Dubai .The interviewing , planning and engaging aspects of the process.

Pros

Energetic environment

Cons

Limited growth opportunity in my scope of responsbilities

Productive fun energetic

Was a awsome company to work for iv learned a lot also management is understanding posivite and when they see potentional in you they take you to the next level they love sending you on learnerships to grow within the company and that's what makes you stronger

Pros

Free to speak to managment

Cons

Money can be a problem at times

wonderful place

Working here was one the best experiences i ever had. Although i worked at an old age home preparing foods for the elders i build a wonderful bond with them and learned that one day i will be that age and would love to be treated with respect.

Pros

free food

It was a fun work place

I was a cook and I enjoyed doing what I did I cooked for a 114 people did my preparation for other cooks and worked as a admin Clark in my spare time so that was a fun work place cause I loved what I was doing

Pros

Doing what i love

Cons

Long hours (weekends off)

n/a

I love what I do but where there are no principles & work ethics involve I loose interest as an individual. Currently where im working the work load is too much for one person and the salary is very little.

Pros

n/a

Cons

long hours, no lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Province Caterers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Western Province Caterers