Western Province Caterers
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Western Province Caterers Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

3,0
work/ life balance was great, no incentive at the end of the year. Great onsite support from the contracting company. Limited movement in terms of growth within the company.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no bonus
1,0
The management treat the staff so poorely that it's a strungle for a person to take a sick leave day and you sign warnings for asking about your salary.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
4,0
Learn alot by western province cateres. Management is very good. Enjoy every moment at western province caterers. Everyone work together as I team. Make food for the old people.
3,0
The job had its perks nice cultural heritage and togetherness there's so much to learn from each other and everyone helps you in every way long term or short term
2,0
Well managed company with a good reputation in general. In my many years in hospitality and catering, I have never felt so insecure in my job, getting rid of staff is shockingly easy, without any remorse. You have to fight for a decent salary, getting paid what you worth is a general practice. Growth opportunities are probably my highlight about WPC as there are transfer and promotion options.
Pros
Promotions, Reputable Company
Cons
Long Hours, Under Paid
3,0
I e hljoyed working for the company.The management made you feel welcome and important.UV learned a lot from western province caterers because they give you the opportunity to grow by letting you go study further if you want to become a chef.the is a learnership program available to any one who is interested. If you live far from where your unit is they give travelling allowance. Each and every day you learn something new like how to do stock take,how to cook,how to worked ng shifts etc.
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
Very good people to work for I have learned alot over the years they very understanding and do the best for there staff the salary can just inprove for the hard work the staff gives.
Pros
They have shifts
Cons
Just two weekends a month
3,0
I enjoyed working and being exposed to new learnings/ experiences and opportunities. . It was a pressurized environment especially when recruitment targets had to be met. However I enjoyed liaising with the clients and candidates and also enjoyed my involved in Recruitment drives for International companies/ Hotels/ Restaurants (Hospitality Industry) in Dubai .The interviewing , planning and engaging aspects of the process.
Pros
Energetic environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunity in my scope of responsbilities
3,0
Working here was one the best experiences i ever had. Although i worked at an old age home preparing foods for the elders i build a wonderful bond with them and learned that one day i will be that age and would love to be treated with respect.
Pros
free food
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Western Province Caterers?
3,0
I was a cook and I enjoyed doing what I did I cooked for a 114 people did my preparation for other cooks and worked as a admin Clark in my spare time so that was a fun work place cause I loved what I was doing
Pros
Doing what i love
Cons
Long hours (weekends off)
2,0
I love what I do but where there are no principles & work ethics involve I loose interest as an individual. Currently where im working the work load is too much for one person and the salary is very little.
Pros
n/a
Cons
long hours, no lunch breaks
4,0
• Heading the training department nationally and running of day to day company requirements – 11 companies in South Africa, Namibia and Mauritius – 2700 staff members • Registered as a training provider with CATHSSETA – offering one year certificate in learnership (professional cooking) – NQF level 4 • Rolling out and monitoring of company yearly campaign – creating and monitoring company performance based on balance score card • Liaising with existing and potential clients – promoting the business and servicing existing clients with daily requirements • Setting up and organizing of large meetings , conferences and competitions • Developing and writing of new menus, standardizing and training employees on up keeping of standards • Ordering of stock, stock take and stock control • Meeting with suppliers on quality and better pricing on stock items • Managing office and ordering of supplies / free issues • Opening of new contracts and upgrading of existing contracts • Function co-coordinating and preparation of meals • Staff training on all aspects – customer service, health and safety, first aid, cooking (all areas of the kitchen), nutrition, costing and stock control, computer training, leadership, time management, self development, communication skills, Front of house and Back of House Training on all aspects of the business • Employing and monitoring and daily scheduling of trainers to fulfill company requirements • Developing and upgrading of company policies – conference presentations - PowerPoint • Registered with CATHSSETA as a assessor (5 years) • Qualified - more...
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours, travelling