Western Province Caterers
3,0 out of 5 stars.

Western Province Caterers Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape17 reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

It's fine and as a work place should be

Worked there and find no fault in the place as it hang all entire on one self if you know your work then you won't have a problem, if you a housekeeper then you need to know cleaning is of importants to your self and to other and benefit both, so knowing your cleaning and doing the job is important and vaccination aswell as it comes with cleanliness.

Fun working place and learning each day new experiences in line of work

It was nice working for WPCI learned alot and very fastI was always eager to help where i can so that i can get more experience in the work place The staff and employers were fun to work with you starting to bond with each and everyone because you work long hours with them they became more like your family at work the joy and laughter on weekend when you are at work are undescribable

Pros

Free tea breaks

Cons

Weekends working till 5 o'clock

great fast paced company to work for

i loved working there i made lots of friends and the boss lady is very kind. also very generous and great overall atmosphere the uniform definitely sucks .

Pros

lots of free lunches

Cons

you get paid the last day of the month

It's a fun working place but very productive

If you do your work and keep to time you won't have any worries cleaning as you go is one of the most important things you have to keep in mind when working for western province.

Pros

Easy to find

Cons

Nice hours

Fantastic for entry level employment

Its a fantastic company overall but some supervisors dont have a way of speaking and dont care how they treat people which makes the experience hard. In a nutshell its lots of work for little money

Pros

Free lunch, can work yourself up within the company

Cons

Under paying and no benefits

My overall about weatern province caterers is the mistreat of people, not paying the salary the people deserve, stressfull.

The management treat the staff so poorely that it's a strungle for a person to take a sick leave day and you sign warnings for asking about your salary.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Very good

Learn alot by western province cateres. Management is very good. Enjoy every moment at western province caterers. Everyone work together as I team. Make food for the old people.

Decent company

work/ life balance was great, no incentive at the end of the year. Great onsite support from the contracting company. Limited movement in terms of growth within the company.

Pros

good hours

Cons

no bonus

Professional and cultural heritage

The job had its perks nice cultural heritage and togetherness there's so much to learn from each other and everyone helps you in every way long term or short term

Well Presented Company With a Smell

Well managed company with a good reputation in general. In my many years in hospitality and catering, I have never felt so insecure in my job, getting rid of staff is shockingly easy, without any remorse. You have to fight for a decent salary, getting paid what you worth is a general practice. Growth opportunities are probably my highlight about WPC as there are transfer and promotion options.

Pros

Promotions, Reputable Company

Cons

Long Hours, Under Paid

Productive and a fun work enviroment

I e hljoyed working for the company.The management made you feel welcome and important.UV learned a lot from western province caterers because they give you the opportunity to grow by letting you go study further if you want to become a chef.the is a learnership program available to any one who is interested. If you live far from where your unit is they give travelling allowance. Each and every day you learn something new like how to do stock take,how to cook,how to worked ng shifts etc.

Pros

Free lunches

Productuff and fun workplace

Very good people to work for I have learned alot over the years they very understanding and do the best for there staff the salary can just inprove for the hard work the staff gives.

Pros

They have shifts

Cons

Just two weekends a month

Productive , Pressurized, fun

I enjoyed working and being exposed to new learnings/ experiences and opportunities. . It was a pressurized environment especially when recruitment targets had to be met. However I enjoyed liaising with the clients and candidates and also enjoyed my involved in Recruitment drives for International companies/ Hotels/ Restaurants (Hospitality Industry) in Dubai .The interviewing , planning and engaging aspects of the process.

Pros

Energetic environment

Cons

Limited growth opportunity in my scope of responsbilities

wonderful place

Working here was one the best experiences i ever had. Although i worked at an old age home preparing foods for the elders i build a wonderful bond with them and learned that one day i will be that age and would love to be treated with respect.

Pros

free food

It was a fun work place

I was a cook and I enjoyed doing what I did I cooked for a 114 people did my preparation for other cooks and worked as a admin Clark in my spare time so that was a fun work place cause I loved what I was doing

Pros

Doing what i love

Cons

Long hours (weekends off)

n/a

I love what I do but where there are no principles & work ethics involve I loose interest as an individual. Currently where im working the work load is too much for one person and the salary is very little.

Pros

n/a

Cons

long hours, no lunch breaks

Productive,fun, good opportunities

• Heading the training department nationally and running of day to day company requirements – 11 companies in South Africa, Namibia and Mauritius – 2700 staff members • Registered as a training provider with CATHSSETA – offering one year certificate in learnership (professional cooking) – NQF level 4 • Rolling out and monitoring of company yearly campaign – creating and monitoring company performance based on balance score card • Liaising with existing and potential clients – promoting the business and servicing existing clients with daily requirements • Setting up and organizing of large meetings , conferences and competitions • Developing and writing of new menus, standardizing and training employees on up keeping of standards • Ordering of stock, stock take and stock control • Meeting with suppliers on quality and better pricing on stock items • Managing office and ordering of supplies / free issues • Opening of new contracts and upgrading of existing contracts • Function co-coordinating and preparation of meals • Staff training on all aspects – customer service, health and safety, first aid, cooking (all areas of the kitchen), nutrition, costing and stock control, computer training, leadership, time management, self development, communication skills, Front of house and Back of House Training on all aspects of the business • Employing and monitoring and daily scheduling of trainers to fulfill company requirements • Developing and upgrading of company policies – conference presentations - PowerPoint • Registered with CATHSSETA as a assessor (5 years) • Qualified -

Pros

Training

Cons

Long Hours, travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Province Caterers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Western Province Caterers
  • Cape Town, Western Cape
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?