Western Province Caterers

Western Province Caterers Work-Life Balance reviews

South Africa23 reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & Benefits

Fun working place and learning each day new experiences in line of work

It was nice working for WPCI learned alot and very fastI was always eager to help where i can so that i can get more experience in the work place The staff and employers were fun to work with you starting to bond with each and everyone because you work long hours with them they became more like your family at work the joy and laughter on weekend when you are at work are undescribable

Pros

Free tea breaks

Cons

Weekends working till 5 o'clock

It's a fun working place but very productive

If you do your work and keep to time you won't have any worries cleaning as you go is one of the most important things you have to keep in mind when working for western province.

Pros

Easy to find

Cons

Nice hours

Overall a good company to work for.

Good benifits Especially if you in management. On job training available. Growth opportunity Study bursaries available Salaries could be better Yearly increase

Horrible place

You get no lunch breaks. Management is the worse and alot of backstabbers Long hours and underpaid. Experience good but that's all. So glad I'm gone from the Godforsaken place.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I could make residents smile including staff on a day to day basis

I would like to start a new career not because I don't love what I'm doing I have quite a passion for what I'm doing but I want to grow in life I want to grow in the hospitality industry so therefore I will search for something that meets my needs.

Decent company

work/ life balance was great, no incentive at the end of the year. Great onsite support from the contracting company. Limited movement in terms of growth within the company.

Pros

good hours

Cons

no bonus

The staff make it bearable management is terrible

Work long hours little pay a lot of backstabbing from management a little pay always struggling to get money. Management swearing at staff at head office.it was just terrible it starts out all rosey but turns ugly fast. No HR process at all.

Pros

Cons

Your colleguaes

Well Presented Company With a Smell

Well managed company with a good reputation in general. In my many years in hospitality and catering, I have never felt so insecure in my job, getting rid of staff is shockingly easy, without any remorse. You have to fight for a decent salary, getting paid what you worth is a general practice. Growth opportunities are probably my highlight about WPC as there are transfer and promotion options.

Pros

Promotions, Reputable Company

Cons

Long Hours, Under Paid

Productive and a fun work enviroment

I e hljoyed working for the company.The management made you feel welcome and important.UV learned a lot from western province caterers because they give you the opportunity to grow by letting you go study further if you want to become a chef.the is a learnership program available to any one who is interested. If you live far from where your unit is they give travelling allowance. Each and every day you learn something new like how to do stock take,how to cook,how to worked ng shifts etc.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive fun energetic

Was a awsome company to work for iv learned a lot also management is understanding posivite and when they see potentional in you they take you to the next level they love sending you on learnerships to grow within the company and that's what makes you stronger

Pros

Free to speak to managment

Cons

Money can be a problem at times

It was a fun work place

I was a cook and I enjoyed doing what I did I cooked for a 114 people did my preparation for other cooks and worked as a admin Clark in my spare time so that was a fun work place cause I loved what I was doing

Pros

Doing what i love

Cons

Long hours (weekends off)

n/a

I love what I do but where there are no principles & work ethics involve I loose interest as an individual. Currently where im working the work load is too much for one person and the salary is very little.

Pros

n/a

Cons

long hours, no lunch breaks

Productive,fun, good opportunities

• Heading the training department nationally and running of day to day company requirements – 11 companies in South Africa, Namibia and Mauritius – 2700 staff members • Registered as a training provider with CATHSSETA – offering one year certificate in learnership (professional cooking) – NQF level 4 • Rolling out and monitoring of company yearly campaign – creating and monitoring company performance based on balance score card • Liaising with existing and potential clients – promoting the business and servicing existing clients with daily requirements • Setting up and organizing of large meetings , conferences and competitions • Developing and writing of new menus, standardizing and training employees on up keeping of standards • Ordering of stock, stock take and stock control • Meeting with suppliers on quality and better pricing on stock items • Managing office and ordering of supplies / free issues • Opening of new contracts and upgrading of existing contracts • Function co-coordinating and preparation of meals • Staff training on all aspects – customer service, health and safety, first aid, cooking (all areas of the kitchen), nutrition, costing and stock control, computer training, leadership, time management, self development, communication skills, Front of house and Back of House Training on all aspects of the business • Employing and monitoring and daily scheduling of trainers to fulfill company requirements • Developing and upgrading of company policies – conference presentations - PowerPoint • Registered with CATHSSETA as a assessor (5 years) • Qualified -

Pros

Training

Cons

Long Hours, travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Province Caterers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7