Wipro Africa

Wipro Africa Employee Reviews

South Africa31 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 15 720 reviews

Fun, relaxed but no job security

Working there was fun, no pressure, relaxed environment with nice and welcoming colleagues. But there's no job Security, it's contract after contract and there are no benefits

Made no personal growth in 9 years

No empathy for staff. Treatment of staff like we in wanted. Poor MSI policy.After 9 years I made no personal growth or advancement in the company. If you outside India you are overlooked for progression and you must be in some clique or group

Pros

Some opportunity for travel

Cons

If you not in India you dont have much chance for advancement in the company

Stressful workplace

Management are very demandingWork load is very demandingIndian culture and language not easy to understand for south African peopleWork is very structured

productive and fun

i am learning everyday and enjoy the part finding the defect and analysing documentation . working eight hours and making sure that i deliver in time .

Nothing good to say about wipro

Nothing good to brag about this company, unfair salary grades, unfair treatment also taking advantage on their resources with bonuses that have legal tone knowing well the resourses won't reject them because of earning very low. The conpany is also giving very low salary increase even when the company is doing well.

Over all 8+ years of experience in IT and having an adaptive nature in taking all kind of tasks.

I used to work from morning 8 AM to 18:00 hrs in SAST time for last 5 years as i was working as onsite representative in agile methodology in banking sector for standard bank of South Africa(SBSA) bank. I have learnt in collaboration with the clients and how it works. As agile methodology is implemented , we can work based on the tasks/user stories created for the current day and per iteration. Hardest part comes when the load and velocity of planning is moved to next iteration, as the extra load we need to take care of everything. Automation testing is widely in the work culture and I am able to learn many tools in automating thick/Thin client.

Knowledge gained and experience in the company will prepare you for any working environment and adapting easily to change in work environments or work roles.

Pros

knowledge

Cons

uncertainity in job security

Productive and fun working

. Different cultures and believe system . The management is very open and observant . Get the job done then your free to go . hardest part of the job will be not getting paid for overtime . The most enjoyable part is coming in at the time you want as long as you get the job done.

Pros

free lunches on weekend and special event

Cons

long hours when required by the client

productive with cultural differences

The culture is naturally different and at times Wipro Management can be very immature in their decision making, there are many understandings and terrible communication procedures among the management at wipro

Pros

open to many tools

Cons

overworking staff which is a problem to resources from all cultures in general

Okay place to work

Management and HR process is long winded and chaotic. The people are nice and the Client I worked for was a large bank. So a reasonable overall experience.

Day at work in Data Center, End User Computing

Hello Team, Day of IT Manager / Infra Manager is between Clouds (AWS, O365) busy with end user computing queries escalations. ensuring no sla breaches on incident and major incident calls for whole night without sleep and making things happen on involving all technical teams. Complaints of slow network from end users, educating users on printer usage.. etc... which i love to do. i am interested to learn new things and go beyond to help and enable business.

Good Management

Nice workplace culture Enjoyed my part of the Job Good Learning Curve Good Management Wonderful Place to learn lot of skills Place to cherish Got so many good friends

Good place to work . Challenging situations to enhance our skills. Work Life balance is there. Good work culture. Good policies to improve employees career.

A typical day is daunting and you don't have a break, lunch time is being cut short. Workplace culture is not suitable for everyone. The hardest part of the job is working long hours and not getting paid for those extra hours.

Testing

Delegating work items Reosurce management Release management Testing progress reporting Risk and issues management Process management; Implementing Agile process methodologies

Good To Work in This Organisation

This is very good place to work and have lot of fun activities to entertain while working. Very good work culture and had a lot of learning. Management is very flexible and provide well establishment for the employees which will be motivated.

good company to work at

good company to work at, fun and happy environment. i would like to see them take care of employees financially much better, bonus and benefits

Wipro arrage trainnings for work

* I attend daily meeting everyday and it helps me learn new things from developers. * I have learned to analyse technical changes, test them and write test case in QC accordingly. * The management for wipro is not good, every work we do is evaluated by on person called manager. Sometimes is not good because they are being bais. * My co- workers are good people, we are helping each other as a team. * The hardest part of the job, is when we have given three days to complete testing and we face enviromental issues. * I become more happy if i complete testing a day or two before it goes to production stage.

Pros

we get invited by Wipro to celebrate events like Womans day, on that day we recieve presents and have lunch for free.

Cons

We work 8 hours monday to friday. Over time were required in rear cases

Good work place

1. Learned different technologies on automation. 2. Hardest part of my job would be not able to automate few stuff. 3. I enjoy coding and this is the best part of my job

Pros

Flexible work timings

At the end of the year would go out as a team just to get fresh air.

Working with everyone in the company has been nothing but a great pleasure, getting to know them with their different culture it was really great. I have learned that in order for me to succeed in life I have to work very hard and chase what I really want in life and don't let anyone or anything to get in the way of what I want in life. One thing that I saw about them was that they are work was always number one, they never took their break for more than an hour they had the same vision and mission to put the company on the map. I would enjoy when we know that there are people coming from abroad and I would enjoy making reservations for them and finally getting to meet them when they come.

Pros

my boss would buy lunch when we have outdone ourselves

Cons

we normaly work long hours

Difficult Working Culture

Its an Indian company. They only start arriving at the office around 9h30 to 10h30. They speak their language on the floor so you never understand a word they say, after several request to use English as Business language in order for us to be able to learn what is going on in the company. Their views are much different from South African's. Very difficult to adapt. As part of current Management Team, I am not seen as part of the team, due to me being Snr. Executive Assistant for Head of Country... Again different work cultures, this makes me feel excluded Gossip is a huge factor in the company, which causes many problems. Hardest part of the job at the moment is to pretend that I am happy to be here. What I enjoy the most about my job is being at the office at 7am, I get more work done before anyone else arrives. No constant interruptions.

Pros

Allowed to leave when I have completed my 8 working hours per day

Cons

RFP's are only completed on the very last minute before closure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wipro Africa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 15 720 reviews