Woodward, Inc.
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Woodward, Inc. Employee Reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Average

Decent hours and pay. But the benefits are above average. If you're lazy and want to play on your phone all day, this job is for you. Management does nothing about the worthless employees or those who stare at their phones all day, or run their mouths more than their machines.

Well oiled machine

The company runs really well and working for them is pretty structured. Systems in place for everything. Will be asked to pick up extra hours when it gets busy and the compensation is pretty good for a like job. Overall good place.

don’t recommend working here

i got let go one day after putting in my notice . my boss told the contracting agency that i missed too much work, there’s a team lead in that department who misses 2 days a week on average. work life balance, what’s that? they work you to the bone, if you’re good at your job, they will not let you move up. my boss makes several comments that made me feel uncomfortable and others feel uncomfortable. this is not a professional work space at all. i was told i would work 6:30am-2:00pm and i worked 4:30am-3:00pm, 5 days a week.

Do a lot of work for little pay

Woodward doesn’t stay competitive in the market. They never adjusted for inflation so members are getting paid fast food wages for working on airplane parts. Look at Collins or GE for good pay. Benefits here are great but it’s not really worth it for most when you're getting paid almost half of the competitors.

Pros

Benefits, vacation time

Cons

Pay, management, flexibility with shifts

A go nowhere job

Come to work and be a computer. Despite never failing anything, I was laid off at the onset of Covid.It was a standard SCM role. Tracking Material and communication with your production team.

OK Place to Work

Management has no idea what's going on most of the time. They don't want to hear anything that is counter to the positive spin they are trying to put on things.

Great place to start and learn

Variety of work, areas to choose from. Excellent benefits, decent pay. If you are looking to have a career this is the place for you. If you are looking for good work/personal life mix, this is not a good place because of the mandatory overtime weekly, sometimes 7 days a week.

Terrible management

Woodward is absolutely failing as a company when it comes to recognizing failures in management, and discord in the line. I have worked here for almost 4 years and the only consistency that comes from working here is stress and agitation. The lack of responsibility and overall respect from Engineers, Ops Specialists, and leaders as a whole makes this place a toxic environment that should not be seeking new members until they weed out the horrible management that continue to let members of the line down habitually.

Pros

Paid time off

Cons

Disrespect in the workplace and upper management

Great benefits - Bad work culture

There are many hard-working good-hearted people doing their best to make things work. But my impression is the company lurches from one crisis to the next and ignores other problems until, you guessed it, THAT one becomes a crisis. Enough already! They are burning people out.

very clean facilities and helpful coworkers

have excellent training for on boarding employee. So far, I love working for the company. SAFETY AND QUALITY what woodward is all about, no supervisor is on you for going too slow assembling aerospace part that make qualities of our product excellent. the pay sucks but benefits are amazing.

Pros

benefits, good mentorship

Cons

pay sucks

fun and learning

this company is amazing to be with. i learn a lot in this company. The people are very outgoing and willing to help you and train. the pay and the benefit is good as well.

Pros

learning

Cons

bi weekly pay

ISO 9000 certified, but they don't practice it. Be prepared for "Mandatory" overtime.

Woodward is at a major flux point of employment. There was a significant lubricant shortage in Q4 of 2021 that set production back. The employees paid for it. Many quit, and those who stayed were forced to take on overtime. When I started, they were so behind, it took them a month to train me for my job I already started doing. There is a good chance you will be lifting over 50lbs, though they tell you not to. They train you how to report issues that affect your productivity, then tell you to continue without a solution. The valve assembly I did had me lifted a 60lb spring seat to chest height (I'm very tall). When I brought this up to my supervisor it was brushed off. Your time is secondary to Woodward, that being said, they work ya as much as your willing to work, and then some.

Productive and fun workplace plus nice clean & safe 🤗

Working with Woodward is a great experience & opportunity for your life!🤟🏼 Plus you’ll get great benefits!!!👍🏼 This company is very nice clean & safe!!🤗

Good company but management is out of touch with department supervision

Many good things about this company but with the clickie middle & upper management and lack of their contact and knowledge of their department individuals equates to an unpleasant experience and supervisors with favorite employees and unfair treatment of other members.

Put your best foot forward, and they'll take care of you.

This job can be repetitive depending on what you're doing. Your attitude and work ethic have a massive impact on where you end up and what they have you do (as it does at most companies). I'm currently a Mechanical Assembler, and I've been given extra responsibilities and opportunities because I work my butt off, show up on time, ask questions and own my mistakes if I make them. Now, my job is not as repetitive. I work on units that have been damaged and need repairs, and that makes the day go by much quicker. Supervisors and Specialists have been very kind and supportive, giving me any tools and advice I need to do my job. Overtime is great and is voluntary. They're fairly lenient when it comes to taking time off and sick days. The culture here is good, but just like any other place, be careful in who you decide to become friends with. Assemblers are in the Union, but not much happens as far as I've seen. Hopefully they're honest and upright. Benefits/Vacation are fantastic from day 1. I don't have enough experience yet to say whether or not raises/promotions are fair, but I have a feeling they will be. The hardest part about this job is simply the commute for me. I live about an hour away, and traffic is a nightmare on the way home. The most enjoyable part of this job is there's always something new to learn. Aviation is a massive industry and in my honest opinion, no one can know everything about it. However, you can try!

Pros

Supportive Managers, Overtime, Benefits, Vacation

Cons

(Personal) Work-life balance, Certification process, Union confusion

Great pay and progression through the company

Great place to work. The pay is very good andyou are given opportunity to progress throughthe company. Great benefits too. People are friendly and willing to help out.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

short lunch

Co workers are supportive

Clean place to work. Management changed…no communication and your just a number now.Clean place…no follow thru on finishing projects or updating areasNot much else to say

Pros

Clean place

Cons

No communication

Poor Compensation, Dead End Job

Compensation is poor and not competitive with the local market. There is no promotion from within. If you are interviewing, ask for the top end of the range because once you're in the door that's the best you'll do.

Pros

Paid Holidays

Cons

Compensation, Weak Leadership

Leadership is sub par

Management focuses solely on metrics and charts. Work place culture is lazy, ignorant and unsupportive. Pay is way above average if you are in the union and the benefits are great! There is no faith or respect for leadership. Outlook at this facility is bleak.

Pros

great pay and benefits if you are union

Cons

management does a horrible job, constant turnover of leadership and poor planning

I'm not one of these wimps that get to stay home and "work". I'm a production worker and these questions are ridiculous.

Woodward is great, you get in as much as you put out and the culture isn't oppressive in its wokeness at all. We all know how the sausage is made and it isn't by the wimps in the offices with their meetings about meetings and lazy work from home culture. The production side (95%) is great, especially if you come from a small job shop. We have break rooms, cafeteria, organized and well managed structure, great benefits, cheap insurance and they appreciate hard work, if you do it. Not like these stay at home office dweebs. The Pandemic really showed who gets it done and those who can't fix a flat tire before their latte.

Not too bad. Easy work. Might be difficult to get that raise.

So so place to work at. The work is easy. The place is clean. You can't be fired that easily. You have to suck up if you want that raise. Other than that not too bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodward, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,2 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Woodward, Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?