Woolworths South Africa

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews

South Africa830 reviews
4,0
If you are looking for a good reference and experience i would recommend it.
There is too much pressure especially when they are promitions and sale. You find that you are short staffed and the supervisors are on your neck about being quicker to keep the customers happy, knowing very well that if you make a mistake and get any discrepancies on your cash or get cloned cards you will be dismissed. Salary wise i think they can do better.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Less pay and to be dismissed if you get a discrepancy
4,0
I've trained for a day and the next day I started working as a cashier, I learnt fast and I enjoyed working for them, I got the best customer experience, customers were so kind and welcoming.
4,0
Fun place to work in,alot of growing opportunity within the company, sometimes you get free lunch if you hard and the store looks nice.they will also recognised you as a care champ for a month, you will get a certificate and and maybe a food voucher
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
Working very early in the morning
Exstreamly stressfull
Fast paced

A lot of training and studies

Never satisfied

Ungratefull

Rude customers

Did I mention long hours?

But salaries are good and benefits

Pros
Perks
5,0
I am very humble I can also handle pressure and difficulty at work able to work other pressure and also able to learn a lot and I focus a lot in my job.
Pros
Goggle
5,0
There good management skills within the group managers, and consideration for all those who works within the company's premises to be heard and assisted where possible.
5,0
My typical day was always exciting with open door Management and Senior Management, and respectable and hard working staff. It was always a pleasure working for this company. My Line Manager was and energetic and fun loving individual, with an professional outlook within his department. This Business will change your whole outlook on Supply Chain (FMCG).

Five star International known Company that's always first in and last out.
Pros
Included great home cooked meals, excellent and inspiring accredited workshops / training
Cons
24hr 365 day working schedule with off days (Not actually a con)
5,0
Really a great company to work af ,great values and staff. Theres a lot of growth
If you apply yourself and also stay determined . They do send you for training too
5,0
I Learned Slot Of Skills At Woolworths And I Just Set Higher Goals For My Dream Job.I Would Like To Improve My Skills Further More And Help A Business Grow Further More.
Pros
Truck offloading
Cons
Flexible
5,0
A typical work day at Woolworths would consists of meeting the morning the starting the work day. Then tea time after 10am for 15mins depending on your shift roaster.Then well work in a very good environment till lunch at about 12:30 for an half an hour till tea time at about 3pm for 15mins. up until 5:30pm till the end of the day there was always the option of working in extra hours after your shift has ended.
Pros
Lots of prizes to be won, free lunches from time to time
Cons
the typical day when none is interested in the product you had to sell
1,0
If you are not connected with the right people you wont grow in the company.their is also a lot of favouritism in the company...e.g if you are not liked you wont enjoy working their
Pros
Waste
Cons
Making great friends
5,0
I enjoy making sure that everything is done accordingly on time. managing daily sales is enjoyable because you always have a target to achieve. time management, willingness and customer service are the key steps to achieve goals.
Pros
Free lunch
5,0
Great working for the company
They up skill you

Motivate you

You are able to buy food at reduced price staff benefits only

It feels like your part of a big family
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lots of policies
5,0
Interacting with customers is one of the best thing I enjoy because you get to learn different things. They teach you how life is and how you handle it.
5,0
Woolworths was the best Job ever, they take care of their staff. They culture is for their people they invest in their stuff and you feel like family that works together
Pros
You can earn as much as you like
Cons
You have to sleep there sweat for that money
5,0
I've been with Woolies for more than 8 years and left to pursue other challenges. Definitely a brand with Integrity. SCLT team are actively involved in the organisation. Organisation is alot bigger than meets the eye.....
Pros
Visible leadership, Career growth potential, fair, values driven, transparent, job security, work life balance
Cons
Salaries need improvement, should look at promoting internally before filling in roles from the outside
5,0
I loved working at WW and was proud to say that I was a Woolies employee. I loved the brand loved their business ethics. Excellent benefits - Staff discounts. They have a culture that encourages growth. Hardwork is recognised. If you like change, there is room within the company to change. You can request a 3 month secondment to see if you would like a particular role
Pros
Great staff benefits
Cons
Not really any
5,0
Woolworths has no racism amongst employees and their trainings do help a lot
Me making sure the customer leaves happy was so cerfying being confident
Pros
Care for all employees
5,0
Working with Woolworths was the best . I gained a lot of experience and knowledge. I gained more skills in the sales floor . Though I wasn't with the company for a very long time due to family issues , I would actually work again at Woolworths if I was given another opportunity.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Staff
5,0
Making the working environment friendly makes it easier to give and be of service at all times.It was challenging but very lovely at the same time, loved my job, because through it i have learned the importance of service.
Pros
Giving your best always
Cons
Not being attended to when needing service.
4,0
I enjoyed working for the company mainly because I now have good management skills and can work under pressure and still finish all tasks at the given time