Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews

Woolworths has alot of growth, opportunities, there is akot to learn within the company, and the people and staff are all good people with strong values
It was nice and challenging working at Woolworths because manages always take sides of the customers and which is not right but my days at Woolworths where good along with the people I was working with other’s customers where kind and not making the job hard as other customers...I would go back working at Woolworths and recommend people to go work there because it’s a good company to work on
Pros
Waste
Cons
There are so many reasons why woolworths is a great place to work.Environment, culture, benefits, central location. There are also lots of growth opportunities if your are willing to work hard.
Pros
Good work/home balance
Cons
Very fast paced
I worked for this company for 12 years, opportunity for growth is great depending on your drive and attitude.I would consider working for this company again for sure..They set the bar high..
Pros
Great work life balance opportunity, very disciplined environment, great benefits
Cons
Alarm callouts
A company who doesn't treat their staff fairly.Management is biased a favors only one ethnic group. Mostly only one ethnic group and most speak only their language.HR is unfriendly and never availableWork ethics are poor.Salaries are pathetic
Pros
Non
Cons
Working for woolworths was great and if the retail industry was better paying it would have been a great company to work for but overall I enjoyed the whole experience.
Pros
Cheap food for stuff
Cons
Short hours so the salary was also short
Working at Woolworth was an experience of a life time. I learnt a lot during the time I worked there and about customer service and Woolworth different an work ethic, got to know more about food and beverage as I am a culinary chef. As consultant I helped with food paring and sometimes will also ask to shop with them and choosing grocery for a event maybe. So all in all I had a great experience with them.
Pros
Waste and free wifi and Woolworth can send you to school
Cons
Salary
Best place,company benefits,room for growth,given the opportunity to study further,endless trainings to improve customer service,friendly environment to work in.
Pros
Discount for clothes and food
Cons
No housing subsidies
This is a very good company to work for. The collaboration from the staff is really helpful and welcoming. The benefits are great including the discounts that we as the staff receive.
Pros
Free coffee and tea plus benefits are awesome
Cons
Well I enjoy working there because I gain experience in the business industry. As much as I feel the salary is not enough for me to reach my needs. But I really appreciate the opportunity I have at Woolworths.
Cons
8 hours
I enjoyed my 3 years being at Woolworths, however I felt what led to my resignation was not properly dealt with .I stood alone ,I was highly pregnant and had to face enquiry
Cons
i learnt how to self manage myself due to the trust i earnt from my leaders.Managers they never make you feel they superior than you and start disrespecting you.
Pros
we did get free time of lunches when one has done more than they are expected.
Cons
we are not overworked
If you are looking for a good reference and experience i would recommend it.There is too much pressure especially when they are promitions and sale. You find that you are short staffed and the supervisors are on your neck about being quicker to keep the customers happy, knowing very well that if you make a mistake and get any discrepancies on your cash or get cloned cards you will be dismissed. Salary wise i think they can do better.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Less pay and to be dismissed if you get a discrepancy
I've trained for a day and the next day I started working as a cashier, I learnt fast and I enjoyed working for them, I got the best customer experience, customers were so kind and welcoming.
Fun place to work in,alot of growing opportunity within the company, sometimes you get free lunch if you hard and the store looks nice.they will also recognised you as a care champ for a month, you will get a certificate and and maybe a food voucher
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
Working very early in the morning
Exstreamly stressfullFast pacedLong hoursA lot of training and studies Never satisfiedUngratefullRude customersDid I mention long hours?But salaries are good and benefits
Pros
Perks
Cons
I am very humble I can also handle pressure and difficulty at work able to work other pressure and also able to learn a lot and I focus a lot in my job.
Pros
Goggle
Cons
There good management skills within the group managers, and consideration for all those who works within the company's premises to be heard and assisted where possible.
My typical day was always exciting with open door Management and Senior Management, and respectable and hard working staff. It was always a pleasure working for this company. My Line Manager was and energetic and fun loving individual, with an professional outlook within his department. This Business will change your whole outlook on Supply Chain (FMCG). Five star International known Company that's always first in and last out.
Pros
Included great home cooked meals, excellent and inspiring accredited workshops / training
Cons
24hr 365 day working schedule with off days (Not actually a con)
Really a great company to work af ,great values and staff. Theres a lot of growth If you apply yourself and also stay determined . They do send you for training too
I Learned Slot Of Skills At Woolworths And I Just Set Higher Goals For My Dream Job.I Would Like To Improve My Skills Further More And Help A Business Grow Further More.
Pros
Truck offloading
Cons
Flexible