Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

I enjoyed my 3 years being at Woolworths, however I felt what led to my resignation was not properly dealt with .I stood alone ,I was highly pregnant and had to face enquiry
Cons
There good management skills within the group managers, and consideration for all those who works within the company's premises to be heard and assisted where possible.
Woolworths as a excellent company as they look after their employees very well. They also offer very good benefits such for your pension and staff discount.
I've learnt a lot bout team work and collaboration,integrity and memorible moments, people are friendly in there..the bad thing is that am not making enough to make a livinc
Working in Woolworths has been a very good and valuable life experience. I've met great people and become friends with many customers. Management was good. Always put customers first and then employees before themselves. Overall - good working experience.
The culture of work is not emphasized, they lack consistency and there's no accountability in its management. You battle with a lot of shift blaming from all levels of management
Woolworths prioritizes their customers more then their staff,that is the hardest part of the job, you keep it moving, without expressing your feelings. The workplace culture is more about getting the job done and ensuring good service delivery.
To work under pressure Work long hours festive time Be confident and friendly to customers Be prepared to be on your feet the entire day Always be helpful
It was a bit of a challenge as I had to be on my feet the whole day, smiling and greeting customers throughout the day during a very busy time of year which was the festive season.
It is inspiring to know that I am free to give my input on the company day to day implementations, and the exciting part is that my team get motivated by the culture of recognition which is alive in the company.
Working at Woolworths helped me to work in a team and better understand the dynamics of the work place. It helped develop skills such as time management and organisational skills. The friendly and open culture of Woolworths helps integrate new employees well.
This was the most exiting and fun workplace I've ever been,they always had the best qualified and strattargized superiors they rotated from region to region which made everyone always respect their colleagues.It built me into a risk taker,decision maker and a challenge tackler it made me always wanting to explore more and more everyday.
Woolworths is great company I love working with people and the environment that there give us it great but the way that they get rid of people without warning, it just doesn't give you the sense of job security. Your mistake can be big or small and you never even had a warning but the will get rid of you.
I would like to work in good company that can I can grow within,I am willing to learn everything good about a business,I can start as soon as possible
Salary increase, flexiableb working hours, growth within the company. I learnt a lot at my time at Woolworths I got exposed to something new I was used to interaction over the phone with customers now I got to interact face to face which was an amazing experience
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Excellent working hours
it policy's and procedures are hundred percent bt managers dnt use them appropriately plus you don't get time to rest actually when you work there you have no life while they don't pay much...
I am working as a till operator it nice working for Woolworths. We have benefits eg pension fund. We off 2 or 3 days during the week and one weekend off.
Pros
Free lunches dyring special occasions
Cons
Low salary for till operators basic should be R5000 not R3445
It was a good environment because you could interact with people from different backgrounds,get to socialize with so many people.When you receive good energy from people gave moral you always had to be on your best and most professional at all times.
Pros
We had discount in foods
Cons
Friendliness Neatness Respect Always put customer first no matter what Apologize even the customer is wrong Great staff and management Great benefits
Pros
Incensives when the customer recommended our assistant
Cons
Not less than 7 hrs
Woolworths has been good company to work for.the environment is out of this world.friendly people and customers.expirence i really love working for ww
Pros
Lunch
Cons
People working at Woolies are so friendly and treat each other as one with respect. Working at Woolies is fun, interesting and tempting. You'll feel more safe there because security is tight!