Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews in George, Western Cape

I worked for this company for 12 years, opportunity for growth is great depending on your drive and attitude.I would consider working for this company again for sure..They set the bar high..
Pros
Great work life balance opportunity, very disciplined environment, great benefits
Cons
Alarm callouts
With woolies u get a lot of exposure. U work with people from other store they coach u to improve. It is nice and u are well groomed. I really miss working at woolies
Salary very little. It was a bery good experience working for tthe company. They have a very high standard of customer services. I was financial services consultant but did not get any training while working.
Pros
Waste food sales preference
Cons
Salary
Working there thought me on how to handle working on a high pressure, how to communicate with other people especially on your work field.To be patient and always know the customer is always right,the experience was fantastic I now have experience because of Woolworths..
Pros
During festives only we are offered lunch
Cons
7 to 11 hours when its a holiday or during festive
My typical day at work was, log in, prepare for the day's delivery of plus minus 2000 boxes. Checking in the new stock was my highlight of the day. My colleagues always said they cannot understand why I got so excited over new stock. Loved working with them, they were very supportive and encouraging. But not every day was fun filled, I had my ups and downs with stock that did not arrive on time, stock breakage, colleagues that did not pitch for work. Deadlines to maintain. Management that wanted reports done asap. All in all it helped me grow as an individual and helped me to work more efficient and under pressure. Every day was a new and exciting challenge.
Benefits
Cons
After hours work
Time management - do today's work today. Keeping up to date with the latest trends. Strive for self development. Respect the individuals you work with.
Pros
Beautiful clothing
Cons
Retail hours