Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

This is a very good company to work for. The collaboration from the staff is really helpful and welcoming. The benefits are great including the discounts that we as the staff receive.
Pros
Free coffee and tea plus benefits are awesome
Cons
Woolworths has no racism amongst employees and their trainings do help a lot Me making sure the customer leaves happy was so cerfying being confident
Pros
Care for all employees
Cons
I enjoy working for Woolworths the enviroment is not bad meeting everyday new customers iv learned how to deal with difficult customers which was the hardest part
Worked shifts to ensure that the products are on shelves and ready for sale before shop re-opened. Check expiry dates, ensuring that the product shelves are presentable and followed the exact layout request Management was supportive and the culture was good and interactive. Nothing hard at the work, enjoyed meeting people and working with different types of personalities
Enjoyed working there. The other part-time employees made it a nice plan e to be in otherwise the staff that were already there would sometimes take out their frustrations on you knowing you won't do anything.
Pros
Transport was provided to go back home if you worked long hours
Cons
Unfair staff mistreatment
I would like to work in a workspace that have great team players also friendly environment .I like workplace where I can grow mentally and physically.
Pros
Kind Managers
Cons
Woolworths is one of the best places to work at althought we have to work long hours sometime for a minimum wage. sometimes there's no bond between the manager and employee than everyone just distant themselves from each other. some departments treat one another like family and that makes you wanna work at your best. was a new experience working at Woolies and a good one as well.
Woolworths being my first job was ok I’m the beginning but the working hours was to long working night shift nd afternoon shift there’s no life for yourself.salary was very little and pay date never had a fixed date.people trying to work against one another
Pros
Having free foods on special occasions
Cons
Hectic long hours working public holidays long hours as well even sundays
Here I work as a sales assistant/till operator and it's honestly a blast interacting with different people everyday. Management is always there to help, I do however feel we are underpaid .
Pros
The Waste shop
Cons
Low salary for long hours
Best place to work at, the staff is friendly and professional. Management is well trained so is the staff we put customers a the the center of our hearts.
Pros
two free tea breaks and privileges
Cons
Incentives and benefits
too much pressure from customers and management, though at times will had fun times as the family(staff). its a very productive and sales driven company. that's where most of my retail experience I gained it from.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long and incovinient working hours
Working at this company was fun, I have learnt so much such as teamwork and respect.The management is respectful and effective. Hardest part of the job is to deal with difficult customers but being there for the customer made so great.
Pros
Buying good quality food that have reached their expiry date but on good condition on a Bargain.
Cons
Difficult Customers
I have worked in a retail environment for more than 10 years dealing with different customers and different staff members,retail is one of the things tha I enjoy
Pros
awarded, recognition
Cons
growth
It was good place to work at had good benefits for employees. Reasonable hours. Friendly staff. Good management. Sells good quality food and clothing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I was an intern in the business as I was in college at the time. My time spent there, pushed me to push above boundaries. I was very happy there, and the people I worked with were very good at what they did.
Pros
Being Outdoors
Cons
No Prospects
meeting new customers everyday learn how to interact with other people managegement very carring for customers enjoy working with other till operators
The best part of my job is dealing with clients helping them to my best abilities, I have a great team that i work with the staff that i manage is just a good people. I have grown allot in the company with the skills and knowledge that i have obtained but as the years went by things changed as well as management.
Pros
subsidies medical aid
Cons
being underpaid for the job that i am diong
good working staff, hard working managers. productive members of field. gust relations was challenging. most enjoyable part of the job was friendly staff.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
no transport
The company gives opportunities to students and the unskilled. they are trained into competent workers who would bring values and integrity to any company that hires them. The hourly rate is higher than most companies.Their My School programme shoul d be praised as it contributes to the betterment of current students lives, promoting a skilled and educated youth.
Pros
Uniforms for new staff members is easy as it is Black and White.
Cons
Cant think of any.
Woolworths is a great company to work for. They are professional and goal driven. The challenges are those commonly found in the retail business. Co-workers are great people. Hardest part of the job is stock taking and breakdown of communication between the customers and workers.
Pros
Discounted lunch purchases
Cons
Cold environment
A typical day at work would be fun and busy at the same time. Woolworth's foods is a busy retail store. you get used to the customers the nice ones and the difficult ones but the joy of it all is having the ability to serve both those customers in the most friendliest and professional manner possible but most importantly to their satisfaction. It was a fun working environment due to the fact that as employees we were recognized and awarded for the initiative and the hard work we put inn to achieve customer excellence. we supported and motivated each other as co-workers.
Pros
Recognition for excellence