Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

Get to work in the morning start with hygiene because is very important to work in a clean environment. Fix the sales floor, collect float(cash) from the cash office to prepare before the shop opens. Working at Woolworths has helped me to interact with people, and broaden my skills such as communication, customer service, decision making, problem solving, interpersonal skills. The long hours was the hardest part of the job but with time you get used to and the best part was working in an environment where people's opinions are valued, respected and given opportunities.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
I enjoy making sure that everything is done accordingly on time. managing daily sales is enjoyable because you always have a target to achieve. time management, willingness and customer service are the key steps to achieve goals.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management are taught to never side with staff they don't care about you whether your is saved aslong as the big management it a happy,you work long hours before lunch, always have to wait hours to go to the bathroom
Working for this company made me aware of being good with working with customers and my employers like the experience there was everything, good working with them
Good place to work for.. Benefits and Job security very nice.. I enjoy working here tooooo much... ❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣
Working for Woolworths is the best because u can grow in the company. The benefits are extremely good. I like the fact that you are given an opportunity to study by offering u a bursary. I love the fact that Woolworths put their employees and customers first. Woolies employees deliver exceptional customer service because the company treats them fairly
team work,positive energy and every thats happens in the work place is communicated fairly.they recognise hard working team members with certificates.
Pros
christmas launches
Cons
They have very high expectations for their employees .which is great for growth and motivation. However your not promoted on merit rather on favouritism.
Its very professional and the training makes it easy to work there. I would recommend to someone if they neef employment. Best benefits also for your family and yourself.
M still looking forward to work for Woolworths again. I've learn lots of things and experience that I have m a star. M a woolies baby you need a second chance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Woolworths South Africa?
A very great place to meet different customer and learn more about sales and advertising. I learned more about stock and cross selling. the management is great.
Working at Woolworths gives u more opportunities to be open minded to get education at Woolworths you grow working in this company. It gives u more meaning to life because you learn more about a lot of foods and how to keep healthy. Working at woolies (Woolworths) you definitely know and understand their slogan The difference.
Country Road employees are very good people and very friendly, work as 1 unit and help on another. Very good management that understands their employees and will assist where they can and as an employee I really appreciated this.
Pros
Good pay and free clothes if you're perminant.
Cons
Long hours cause you close at the same time as the food department.
The company has many opportunities your growth is not limited as an employee, you can start in store and end up in Head office it all depend on you. It's exciting to work for Woolies
Pros
Waste
I had fun working with woolworths. The working conditions were very good, the only problem was that we were not paid for overtime. I learnt a skill that I did not know before. I learnt how to wrap gifts, approach people and talk to them about the services offered.
Pros
Good conditions
Cons
After hours
Work hard it sure pays off, stay in your lane embrace your character, there’s no need for you to rush for you to reach Management Status work hard and let it show that what’s going to get you noticed and always remember to welcome your customers and always smile
Cons
Holidays
Woolworths its very productive ,it has soo many benefits an opportunities ,they offer bursaries ,and most of all it's built one self esteem mostly it gives back to the community .
Pros
Free bursaries
Cons
Longs hours
This company is big and it's one of the leading retailer in the South African market. Opportunities of growth at lower or entry level is limited, opportunities are unfairly given to workers. Training and personal development opportunities are only offered to workers who have been in the company for longer even when there's new workers who are deserving.
Pros
Systems and work process are well planned out
Cons
Below living standard hourly pay rate.
I'm thankful for working at this company it's feels like home and environment it's so good to work at everyday. Our benefit a privilege. We also have opportunities to grow in company.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Woolies is the best company I have worked for,I enjoyed my life with them.I was taught how to handle conflict within the company between colleagues or customers Woolies have The TRUST,were you have group retirement found,monthly budget,day to day spending, they take you to induction were you will about Woolie's policy,rules customers, products, etc,they also take you to school,you earn awards or gift according to your hardworking.we have maternity leave, annual leave,sick leave,study leave,etc Woolies is the best
Pros
They have budget food
Cons
8hours a day
Fun environment to work in.caring for the staff especially benefits like bursaries for beneficiaries and medical care.learned a lot through the company like customer service.making differences in customers an also the charity the company is doing is committed.
Pros
no free lunch but buying waste was affordable we could manage to have lunch
Cons
able to work for long hours because of lunches and teas you are able to rest