Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews for Administrator

Really a great company to work af ,great values and staff. Theres a lot of growth If you apply yourself and also stay determined . They do send you for training too
Working for Woolworths is the best because u can grow in the company. The benefits are extremely good. I like the fact that you are given an opportunity to study by offering u a bursary. I love the fact that Woolworths put their employees and customers first. Woolies employees deliver exceptional customer service because the company treats them fairly
A typical day for me was doing someones elses work but not getting piad for it.I have learned alot by doing todays work and not the next day and always to your best by helping others. I have learned to work with management hand by hand.Different cultures I learned alot from but I really think that we all are humans and I dont care about a colour as long that you can job.
Working at woolworths Financial Service was always a pleasure. They invested time and money into the development of their own staff. The staff discount on daily essentials made life much less stressful.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Working Late shifts over weekends
medical aid too expensive and not optional,I wish atleast dat medical aid was not this expensive as we actually paying for hospitalization only with less d2d benefits
Secure job good benefits. Family like environment. Salary could be better. Woolworths is one of the Best retailers to work for .there is room for growth and I was proud to work for Woolworths .learnt a lot over the years also gained experience. It was a great journey at Woolworths. The only thing is that the salary is not market related when it comes to the job that I was in.If the salary was better I would still be working for Woolworths.
Pros
Subsidised medical aid and discount
Cons
Pay
I have over 7 yrs customer service experience, I love working with customers and ensuring that as they leave they are left with a wow experience that will ensure that they come back again in the future. I am a smart and hardworker, I am passionate about my work and if I don't know something I do my best that I learn. I take leadership and responsibility when I am tasked.
Pros
Customer Service, HR and Admin
Cons
Extramile
I have worked in a retail environment for more than 10 years dealing with different customers and different staff members,retail is one of the things tha I enjoy
Pros
awarded, recognition
Cons
growth
Woolworths is a good company to work for there are good benefits,i worked as a till operator,pay point coordinator and now I work as store administrator both HR and FINANCE,but I need more experience and I always wanted to work for cape union
Hardest part is dealing with colleagues who don't take responsibility for their actions and shift blame on others. What I enjoy most is making our customers happy by being able to resolve their queries. What I learnt is not to take things personal when dealing with customers and unfair colleagues.
Pros
Dealing with customer on a daily basis
Cons
Not having enough access to follow up with a query to resolution
when entering the office I know what duties are expected of me. This makes it easier for me to perform my duties in a proactive manner. I have learned to work independent and to know what kind of duties I can delegate and which ones not to. My manager is helpful as she is clear on what she wants and is always available to guide me and always redevelop healthy relations within the team which makes the team more reliable. The hardest part is inconsistency within the department and to deal with individuals that do not understand why some of the procedures are followed and who do not care about them. the most enjoyable part is providing service in the most helpful manner and coming with innovative ways to work and to bring good results and quality work.
Pros
Discount on goods
Cons
It is a good place to work at, you need to have a good customer service and have a smile at all times. You also need to know where the stock is, meaning learn your isles and check prices and make sure your till point is clean and has all the till rolls, plastics bags,material bags and a cloth to wipe wet or products that pours on your till point
Pros
knowing about specials at hand
Cons
having angry customers and knwing how to calm them down
Depending on what needed to be done each person in the department planned his or her day/week. My line manager was extremely understanding and didn’t micro manage. Like any working environment there were always ups and downs but when it came to everyone rising to the occasion, the team always came together regardless of differences. The hardest part of the job was the workload. Depending on what I was tasked with I would sometimes not have time to lift my head but was always able to get things done. The most enjoyable part was that I was allowed to explore my desire to run an event. I was supported by the business and more so my line manager.
Pros
Long Lunches :)
Cons
Often hitting the ceiling
-communicate with stores -publish new vacancies -do get an opportunity to be innovative -most enjoyable is interacting with our customers(internal and external candidates) -
Pros
team building outings, free luncch, work i an free breatheable space
Cons
not having enough equipment
There was a DAY whereby some of workers could not able to come to work especially those whose stays far away. and the Volume of work was extremely high. I had to beg all the employees who manage to be at work to stay over time so that the daily work can be done.ItI was so hard because some of them was not willingly to work over time. I manage to finish my Task at 12 oclock mid night. My most enjoyable is when we given vauchers for good performance and Gainshare incentives when we won an award.
Pros
Free lunch on big days
Cons
Working over times on public holidays
Prepare for cash pick-up, print daily reports & scrutinize & file. Capture issued floats, cash management. Check daily clockings, create a schedule. Place & receive orders. Process all types of absences. Log incidents to Head Office. I get satisfaction when I complete all my tasks on time. The challenging part of the job is when we off-line then there won't be work for me to do however when back on-line there will be too much work to do.
Pros
incentives when making sales
Cons
Working Sundays
It is a good company with benefits, there is growth and development within the work place ,the environment is most enjoyable.I have learned so much within 5 years working for the company.People that i work with are good and are easly to interect with.Dealling with customers face to face is not easy,but I have learned to listern,Ask questions and to help customers to the outmost service that i have.Year end fuctions and training within the company,you get to meet other employees from other branches and identify problems ,come up with solution to make thing easy at work.