Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews for Product Consultant

Woolworths has alot of growth, opportunities, there is akot to learn within the company, and the people and staff are all good people with strong values
Sales, administration customer service and brand ambassador. I learned to service client with passion and quality with Woolworths values . The management was good and fair The culture was strict and corporate
Pros
Quality Service
Cons
Poor service
The best job that gave me an experience of corporate and improved my skills in time management and sales with everyone taking pride in giving excellent service to customers .The most part was the discussions before the shop opens setting up targets that builds your communication and gave each one of us prizes based on efforts shown during the day working as a product consultant .
I did enjoy working at Woolworths. Everyday i would open the SIRECO department and check in all the products. I would have to approach people and get them onboard with our Woolies financial products. I learned that you need to change the way to speak to every person depending on how they were. Not everyone likes a fast approach and not everyone likes a slow approach when you speak to themk. My most enjoyable part of the job was that i got to meet so many different diverse people whilst working there.
Pros
Team building days
Cons
Non
Good company to work...gave me a head start in the finance industry... Knowledgeable training offered.... Nice incentive....a good commission structure.... Mentoring from management... Vast of benefits...offered... Leader s in the retail sector
Pros
Awards& recognition
Cons
You are based in one store but must be very flexible by going to other stores as well. Have to go to Head Office for an occasional meeting. Must be able to work 2 Saturdays a month and not allowed to take Friday off.
Pros
Get major discounts on food
Cons
Working public holiday, can ask you to change to another store
A typical day would start with a sales strategy meeting.Where we re trace our steps with regard to a bad sales event.Doing this showed us where we went wrong,be it with staff discipline in store or how a sale was lost. As for my interaction with my co workers, we were a unified team.Working together relentlessly too achieve store targets. The most challenging part of a day would be finding credible external clients. The greatest part of the day would be seeing a happy customer and receiving a good review.
Pros
Discounted prices on store merchandise
Woolworths finanacial services is indeed a great company to work in with a room for growth,though not challenging enough according to my specifications
Pros
good commision structure
Cons
Limited to working in one place
Its a wonderful company to work for, the hours are not so good, They were very strict when it came to giving credit which made it difficult to sell they credit cards and store cards, I learnt that giving up should never be an option, I enjoyed my team at the Gateway woolworths, they were always helpful and kind towards me.
Pros
I could work internally and externally
Cons
Different shifts and 2 weekends a month
- I'm always dealing with different people with different attitude, but i have to set a standard method to acoomodate all these different parties. - I learnt do deal with different people, different cultures and also how to approach the customers. i have also learnt to cope with pressure and team work. - In this job I have to oversee store consultants and also to motivate them in reaching their targets. - Good communication and good relationship with co workers its what I practise every time. - hardest part of the Job its when the business is slow and when we get high percentage of declines - Most enjoyable part the job its flexible and there is alot of traveling.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
You have to pay transoprt to one place to another.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Woolworths South Africa?