Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews for Product Line Manager

My typical day was always exciting with open door Management and Senior Management, and respectable and hard working staff. It was always a pleasure working for this company. My Line Manager was and energetic and fun loving individual, with an professional outlook within his department. This Business will change your whole outlook on Supply Chain (FMCG). Five star International known Company that's always first in and last out.
Pros
Included great home cooked meals, excellent and inspiring accredited workshops / training
Cons
24hr 365 day working schedule with off days (Not actually a con)
Due to many years of experience with Woolies and working shifts I would strongly consider a straight shift to concerntrate more on my family now. I am not complaining about this great company its just that my family needs me more than ever now than before. I started on the ground level with this company and worked my way up to management level. with the help of inhouse management courses, I learned how to treat people with respect and dignity.
Pros
Weekend Allowances
Cons
Shifts
I am involved in the day to running of the operation over two shifts. I control three supervisors and 45 employees including service providers. I am actively involved in decision making and sit in all the companies internal and external audits. I am responsible for the daily transport planning and activities in the warehouse operations. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult people and coming to a win win resolution. I also participate in the companies sustainability projects and oversees the facility maintenance. The most enjoyable part of my job is resolving issues and making a difference.
Pros
You can buy the company products a very low price and I stay 5 min away from work
Cons
growth is slow