Woolworths South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Woolworths South Africa Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Fun place to work in,alot of growing opportunity within the company, sometimes you get free lunch if you hard and the store looks nice.they will also recognised you as a care champ for a month, you will get a certificate and and maybe a food voucher
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
Working very early in the morning
i learnt how to self manage myself due to the trust i earnt from my leaders.Managers they never make you feel they superior than you and start disrespecting you.
Pros
we did get free time of lunches when one has done more than they are expected.
Cons
we are not overworked
Good working experience environment. Interaction with different kinds of people. Problem solving Customer care Great management Dealing with different personalities.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
standing for long hours
It was great working at Woolworths gained so much experience regarding customer service and providing good service to costumers and dealing and interacting with them.
Woolworths as a excellent company as they look after their employees very well. They also offer very good benefits such for your pension and staff discount.
The culture of work is not emphasized, they lack consistency and there's no accountability in its management. You battle with a lot of shift blaming from all levels of management
Current position the hardest job on the planet but some how the salary doesn't add up🙆🏻‍♂. Too much favouritism and no matter how long you working there alway be unrecognised.
Difficult customers and managers. Staff aren't the easiest to work with especially if you're quiet. Fast paced environment. Pros are being able to purchase discounted items from the food market.
Pros
Discounted Woolworths food
Cons
Difficult customers and managers.
Typical day when i was working alone at the interactive counter on a busy day, learned how to stay calm and stick to company procedure even if i am under pressure. Management was supportive although they were not consistency. Culture is good because they practice what they preach. Hardest part of the job is to deal with highly profile customers . Most enjoyable part Woolworth, care about their workers.
It was very productive and fun place to work @ woolworths the train their employees good excellent customer service and they treat thier employees with respect it is
At Woolworth the is grouth and opportunities, all you have to do is work hard and grow your self. It's a very welcoming company to work for I regt ever living them.
Woolworths is one of the best places that I recommend to anyone, the way they are to trainees and staff is all the same respect and love. I would never hesitate if I could get a job there again, the safe environment is one of my best highlights for the company.
It was nice working with the organisation. I learned many good things .They trained me and now I have the certificates. I wasn't experience any hardest part.
Woolworths is great company I love working with people and the environment that there give us it great but the way that they get rid of people without warning, it just doesn't give you the sense of job security. Your mistake can be big or small and you never even had a warning but the will get rid of you.
Woolworths customers are always good towards woolworths employers.we must always serve our customer with good service..always be kind and make eye contact with the customers we must also sell what we hve on the sales floor in oder to reach a monthly target....or look in the stock room what we dont have on a sales floor nd replanish stock.
Pros
Nomination for good customer service
Cons
Work extra mile
Country Road employees are very good people and very friendly, work as 1 unit and help on another. Very good management that understands their employees and will assist where they can and as an employee I really appreciated this.
Pros
Good pay and free clothes if you're perminant.
Cons
Long hours cause you close at the same time as the food department.
check if store room is tidy full up beweries frieser , communicate with people that is very rude the managent is reallt really bad dont care about the view of others pay was horrible
Cons
Training benefits and they service to the community and chances giving to staff that has a disability they are always there to help and grow you it was fun and good learning opportunities
Pros
Services discounts
Cons
Enjoyed working there. It was hard work, but relaxed. Festive season was very busy Paid well enough for the amount of work done Customer services was the most difficult part of the job
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
This company is big and it's one of the leading retailer in the South African market. Opportunities of growth at lower or entry level is limited, opportunities are unfairly given to workers. Training and personal development opportunities are only offered to workers who have been in the company for longer even when there's new workers who are deserving.
Pros
Systems and work process are well planned out
Cons
Below living standard hourly pay rate.
I worked with many people and enjoyed working with them I learned how to paint things on computer and how to answer the phone when they call during your shift