Woolworths Supermarket

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,737 reviews

Productive and sales driven workplace

I enjoyed worj9at Woolworths and o love the fact that it does discriminate between people who are disabled from the able ones. We were working close with disabled people without any presure being put on them.

Pros

Free gifts and lunches sometimes

Cons

Short working hours

Extremely educational workplace

Woolworths is a great company for gaining overall experience however It may take you a long time to progress or grow into a higher position in the business but generally it is a well run company.

Pros

Staff discounts, bursaries

Cons

Little rate per hour and delayed internal vacancies

The company in itself is good enough and satisfying except some managers and I loved the customers and giving them a feel of pride as they shopped

Managers feel threatened by intelligent individuals and persecute those good enough rather than helping them up, that's really bad and one of major reasons staff members leave the company, though I really enjoyed myself while working there and would love to come back ONLY in management as you get to be respected better on that level

I'm Thandaziwe I'm looking for job I have some of experience from another companies.

As I was working with customers I have to assist customers well,As l learn that customers come first,Help customers if they need help in the store.yes

Pros

Customers assistance

Cons

Cashier

fun workplace

it was awesome working at woolworths. the staff was friendly and had great personalities. ive learned how to have communication skills and to work in teams. the management team was amazing , they had their teams in tacked at all times.

Salary sucks

Working in woolworths operations is not easy, the salary people get paid in this department is horrendous. People in head office gets paid so much more. I don't know how its expected of operations staff to survive on their salary.

Working place

I am a hard working guy like working with people and eager to learn everyday. And i a person who have curiocity as at a working environment to get to group myself and become a better person in future.

I don't understand

If I can get a job I will resign even tomorrow. The manegers are not friendly to staff and they talk to us as if we are kids and they even shout at us on front of the customers.

Woolworths is fun and exciting

Working for woolworths was fun and exciting i learned a lot and the collegues are all friendly and welcoming i gained retail experience very fast i love woolworths and would gladly love to go back.

So far I've come across to many challenges and family/personal matters, but I'm willing to fix my mistakes and become an solution any problem occured.

I wish to be an asset to your company to become the best value depending on my skills and abilities. I'll be honoured to work for a company with a good repution.. As I'm keen for any suitable training of experience and functionality for the purpose of the company's focusablility to archieve recommended goals and mission

Jobs at Woolworths Supermarket

Customer Assistant positions
See more jobs

Good company to work for

They treat you like family, there's team work and the management team is excellent. Woolworths Northgate is the best.your health is important to them and hygiene matters. They have great benefits

Worked well with people

I learned a lot about leadership skills. Earned a lot of values. Hardest part was to work at 4am packing stock. I enjoyed interacting with customers

productive

its very exciting , fun working in the company and the are more opportunities and experience inside the company..the only thing you need is good attitude towards your customers and the staff.

Pros

staff discounts

Cons

It was good working for woolworths i would love to work there again

I enjoyed working for Woolworths it was my first job but it wasn't hard for me to get to know more about the store management and all department within the the store so it was great but bit difficult to balance work and family because you only get a weekend off ones a month.

Pros

Free lunch occasionally

fun worplace

most enjoyable part to receive incentives if you did well. i have to how to work work with different people, handling difficult customers, how to go an extra mile., making difference by doing right thing all the time .

Pros

gift card

good company to grow in

Provide lots of training to assist customer the best. Woolies is all about customer service best quality in product from food too clothing. Best wool

Pros

benefits the company offers

Cons

hours that suit ever person to be happy

Productive and enjoyable workplace

Woolies was the best and fun and the benefits were good salary wise.Management didn't treat everyone the same there was favouritism.There's security and love from colleagues and the shifts well one got used to those.

Pros

Buying of food less

productive work place

meet new and different characters of people daily. tackle new challenges daily. hardest part of the job is the long working hours. fun stuff to work with.

Pros

salary benefits

Cons

Its very fun and i would love being there again

I love Woolworths cause it helped me to open doors and the company is good to work for you can get a lot out of them the money was good as will so I wouldn't mind going back

Pros

Free lunch

A Good LIfe Learning

I got lot of experience in my working period at Woolworths and I still regard it as one of the best retail store in the country, the most other thing I learned a lot aswell is Neatness and tidy is one of the principle, and one other thing is discipline Working for Woolworths is like working for a Military when it comes to discipline because punctuality is one of their main focus and like I said neatness, I cannot complain much about that job as I enjoyed working there but as a person you need to grow and say your goodbyes as you challenge yourself for other possible opportunities.

Pros

As staff you get 50% off when you purchase.

Cons

Not being allowed to have your cell phone on the floor

Productive and fun workplace

I enjoyed going to work because I loved my job Working at the the tills we make sure all hygiene is done and everything is in order The best time to work was when the store was really busy because then your day flies by There are many opportunities within the company and benefits are good Strict managment ,its like being at school again and too much rules Salary way to little especially for me as a single parent

Pros

Good opportunities

Cons

No family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,6 K