Woolworths Supermarket

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 62 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,737 reviews

Fun working place

Great working environments and teamwork management strict in getting job done and keeping customers happy and making sure the floor looks attractive to customers and stock up to date accordingly and looking representative

Pros

Waiste sold

Good working environment

It was awesome working for them I also gained experience working for them and it was challenging I was new to what I applied for at the time thank you.

Pros

Working with different people

Cons

Great company with great benefits

It's was very nice being in the working environment at Woolworths. I learned a lot and I will take the experience with me on my journey through life. I would recommend anyone looking for a job to try at Woolworths.

Woolworths is a productive company.sometimes just a bit stresful,but with hardworking and apositive attitude you will make it at Woolworths.

Woolworths is actually a good company,the reason why I say that is because of their benefits.But i feel just to move on and I want to learn something different.

Woolworths is a good brand.

Like any other company there are politics in the working environment caused solely by individuals. I think each manager needs to checked on once in a while even if it’s by a mystery shopper on their performance. Some have titles and no work ethic.

Good

Woolworth is a good company to work for, I enjoy working with people who are very friendly and knowledgeable about your growth in the business. The alot opportunities for growth

It was worth the experience

Always be alert for frauds/fake cash Know your mission for the week and always know the vision of the company. Always smile at all times regardless.

Enjoyable and Professional work environment

The induction process was informative and enjoyable, it groomed my customer service skills. My duties included serving customers efficiently, together with driving sales. It was a pleasant experience.

Loved the company

I liked working there was a good company nice managers learned alot hours was decent learned many things I'm a till operator ladieswear body footwear body homeware body

Woodworth

I learn how work with different types of people n different backgrounds. I learned how to manage time and how to be honest or loyal to the company or your colleagues

Jobs at Woolworths Supermarket

Sales Assistant positions
See more jobs

Good environment

Working for Woolworths is like magic, great environment to be in and the staff is so supportive. It has a diverse culture, you learn everyday how to make yourself better.

i worked with a good team

i would really like to go back to woolworths ,was about to do my managers degree when i left and all for nothing,my store manager was a very good person .

Productive and Fun workplce

Woolworths is a great place to work for. Management sets high standards and are always willing to teach about different departments. Reaching the quota for each month is demanding but you feel a sense of accomplishment when you do.

Pros

Discounted prices on food items that reached sell by date

Cons

Salary

Productive work place

Adapt to the environment Know the product And be a team player Know woolies visions, mission and values Put integrity first Customer first and be responsible

Pros

Growth

Cons

Abnormal hours

intermidiate space

*stuff is supportive *Check up on employee progress *Recognises the good work and extra miles *Free lunches *Growth and opportunity are encouraged and available.

Pros

bonus

Future, fun, unit

It is good campany to work , good benefits, like stuff discount, for clothes and food . Good team work, from management and staff, more opportunities like study more about Retail , products knowledge

Pros

Stuff discount

Cons

08: to 16 hr

Quality in service and products

Bad salary, lack of growth, incompetent managers some of them whom are full with nepotism overworking, unorganized, unskilled to say the least, aswell as disrespectful management whom don't do their job good because of not being skilled in their jobs, e.g with no relevant management skills to do their jobs, skills like business/marketing management

Pros

Non

Cons

Yes overworking

Productive and fun place to work

A typical day at work would be filling up stock making sure all sizes are available on the sales floor; and making sure that the new stock is on display. While giving customers first class customer service. What I learned? No matter what position you hold in the company it has importance. The hardest part of the job ...working over the festive season...(but that's when the retail business is at its peak ) Management was fair, accommodating and motivates you to move forward in the company work culture... the people was amazing and there was a balance of work and play the most enjoyable part of the job was induction the free meals and muffins

Pros

job security

Cons

retail hours

Fun to work in

Good place to work for and benefits are very good . Learned a lot from woolworths like how to make sales and dealing with difficult customers. The management is very king and understanding. Culture is good. The hardest part you get is dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part is being on the floor serving those customers who are willing to be helped.

Pros

Staff benefits

Cons

Very long hours

Advancing to the next stage

Woolworths will work with you if you choose to work with them and give them your best, there is always a chance to promote yourself, learn and grow from strength to strength, I enjoyed it.

Pros

Progress

Cons

Peak season workload

Life balance is doable, they offer good hours. Salary is reasonable, advancement depend on your will to learn, strict management, culture above mine.

Woolworths is a fun filled and energetic store. It has great and friendly co-workers, a normal day at the store would be when there are few customers, you have to put in extra time into ensuring the cleanliness and neatness of the store at all times. I learnt that working and communicating really well with customers could work in your favor, because that could increase customers' choice of purchases. It is really hard working under extremely strict management that you end up feeling you are not liked by management, I have worked with people of different cultures outside of my own and I enjoyed it, because day by day I would get to learn their languages as per interest. The hardest part of the job would be not meeting store/sales requirements, because that puts more pressure on management which puts more pressure on employees. The most enjoyable part would be when having reached sale requirements and continues to be on that level, because when customers are happy, management is happy and that then leaves a positive spirit and energy among the employees.

Pros

We were provided with food from the store each and every Sunday and that counted in everyone's favor, because it helped most others save up transport money until we got paid.

Cons

When we had to work long hours with no notice prior and just leave whatever personal plans made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,6 K