WORKAWAY INTERNATIONAL
4,6 out of 5 stars.

WORKAWAY INTERNATIONAL Employee Reviews

4,6Work-Life Balance

Runs like a well oiled machine

The country club runs on a list of core standards and principles that are centered around ensuring that members at the Boca West Country Club are placed on top of the priority list.The reason why Boca West has managed to become no14 in the world is simply because they strive to improve the members experience. Daily training is provided by management and senior staff who place accountability on staff and ensure that they are provided with tools to make a 365 day year run as successful as possible. A large emphasis is placed on effective communication amongst staff as well as with members.Being well informed on products and company culture is a requirement of every staff member. Management are amazing, they ensure staff members are taken care of and ensure that the company's policies are practiced through ongoing daily training. My overall exoerience working at Boca West CC has been pleasant and very enjoyable. Not only did I make friends and business associates for life , I also picked up a whole new way of looking at providing service that makes guests return.

Pros

travelling and learnng new skills

Cons

Long Hours that could sometimes go up to 14 hours.

Temporary position

Good experience. I wished I could have worked for them longer. It was only a temp to higher job. But I enjoyed working for the company. The staff were extremely helpful.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Not a perm position came available

workaway is a wonderful place to work

workaway.org is a wonderful web page to use to get volunteer work in foreign countries. I got a lot of work experience through the opportunities I had from workaway. I also gained a lot of life experience, with that I bring confidence and strength to everything I do now.

A day at work was arriving early, setting up side stations so i was able to serve customers to the best of my ability. It taught me to have patience, time management and communication skills. The workplace culture was a variety, i met a lot of different and learned a lot of new things from all different cultures, the culture was fun and interesting. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with very unsatisfied members of the club with irate approaches and high expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was that i had the opportunity to travel abroad.

Nanny Review

I had the pleasure to volunteer in a home in Alicante, Spain for three months in 2016. I have gone back and helped the family late 2018. I love helping and teaching children but more importantly I love what children teach me. I will keep in contact with that family for the rest of my life. I thank Workaway for providing me that opportunity.

great opportunity, great sacrifice

Gives great opportunities, but takes them just as quickly away. in 2016, i was late on 2 occasions and was sent back home from America, after advising i was struggling with Jet lag.

Pros

all expenses paid to America

Cons

you sell everything for this great opportunity, to get sent home, like you were never there.

Experiencing a new part of the world.

Started work at 7pm and worked in the pro shop. The gold estate was really a really large one that had 4 golf courses many tennis courts and much more. Through out the day members would come to us to check in and we would tell them which course and from ether the 1st or 9th tee start off of. If there were any problems on the golf course people would call us up and we would send the appropriate people to fix said problem. We would usually work till about 3 or 4pm. I learned a lot about golf and the goings on in the background of a golf course. The managers were friendly and always happy to help us how ever they could. The hardest part of the job was learning about a sport I knew nothing about. The best part of the job was getting to go to a new country and meeting new people.

Pros

Getting to work and travel in the USA

Cons

Could have been payed more and was difficult to choose when you were off.

Was left to do what we thought was needed. Very micro managed.

Work would start early each morning whether we had a presentation or interviews. I learned to have patience and understand that each person is different in the way they approach work. As our management was in a different city we would have to contact them throughout the day to give our feedback. My co-workers were always friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was time management as people were always late or did not bring the correct information with them which delayed the process. The thing I enjoyed most was working with a close friend.

Pros

The hours were good

Cons

Waiting on other people so you could do your work.

Workaway Summary

This program provided ample experience and cultural depth. I was able to use my own personal skill sets from various industries throughout the program. Each Workaway experience was unique. They provided me with the atmosphere to engage within the program while also using my own personal experience to grow within the job setting. It is a great way to meet international volunteers and learn about the culture with which each program is set in.

Pros

Food and housing provided

Cons

No money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WORKAWAY INTERNATIONAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance