World Courier

World Courier Employee Reviews

Interesting Work Environment

Not every day is the same, which makes it exciting and keeps you interested. The services offered are all express, which means that time is of the essence

Working in Worldcourier was one of the best experiences I ever got.. I Went there only with the knowledge obtained in college.. But all staff members in there we're very helpful,willing to teach and show you how they do things in the company..Taught every little things in details and of how to make my job easier and how to start my morning fresh without pressure .As was placed in the warehouse dispatch I was taught why isn't important to always do the follow-ups on the orders sent previous day.Why isn't always a MUST to check if the parcel is well sealed,have right labelled stickers and it is labeled for a right destination.

Pros

Free extra lunch time

Productive and fast paced

Depending on the Manager you work for, the Financial Manager, HR Manager and the Finance staff were helpful and they worked as a team to ensure deadlines were met, Financial Manager was able to do and teach the clerk as she is very hand on. Huge Volumes however time management is very important and being able to prioritize, The job is deadline driven.

Pros

Flexible

Work Place

Work hard and better yourself every day, try and learn as much as possible so when help is needed you are available at all time and as team player. Try and help others for development when you are a senior. Guide correctly and keep a positive attitude at work and at home especially when there is kids involved. Try and have a balance, work and Home. Interact with management and try your best to complete all tasks given. A typical day at work was busy, this includes the weekends and public holidays. You learn something new everyday with the field you are in. Nothing stays still forever. Management is versatile and easily approachable. Difficult part of work is not enough hours to get the job done. All was good, learning the whole pharmaceutical, biological and animal specimens of export. Dealing with Africa on a continuous level.

Pros

Meeting africa agents, speaking to clients and building trust.

Cons

Way extended on the long hours and not enough family time

Interesting environment and friendly co-workers

Collecting the Suppliers invoices from the Operations Department in the morning, checking charges against the Agent Rate sheets ensuring correct billing to us, raise the invoices into our in-house Account package. Print the house- or airway bill for the specific invoice and attach for Reserve Bank purposes. Reconcile suppliers invoices that are paid 2 x monthly. General office function for the Creditors. Loading of daily/weekly payments on our bank and Authorising of payments. Checking of the Rate Of Exchange daily from our Forex Bank. Assisting the Accountant with various tasks daily. In-house training is given all the time in various departments to assist when someone is on leave or ill. I get along with all my co-workers - they are from various cultures. Management needs to be trained in management skills. The hardest part of my job is when you are being delayed in your job function. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I go home and realise I have done all that I set out to do for that day feeling satisfied.

Everyday is a differant experience and thats what made this an exciting job.

Forecasting and setting out days Work according to deadlines. one on one meeting with each staff to check if their respective department needed assistance or experiencing any problems. Resolving Problems and Queries. Learning about latest advancement in medical science. The most difficult part of the job was in cases of disciplining a team member when necessary. The most rewarding part is to see the medication you knew as a protocol number become an household name.

Pros

The constant meeting of various medical teams to discuss studies.

Cons

seven day, twenty four hour, three hundred and sixty five days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Courier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• World Courier
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?