World Food Programme

World Food Programme Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews
4,0
Working for the United Nations World Food Programme was an amazing experience, you get to be part of what it means to be a real humanitarian. You get to see how your work helps people.
2,0
WFP is very demanding organisation which expects 110%. Career advancement requires lengthy processes and is difficult to facilitate. Salary increases are also very slow and often delayed wiht 2-3 years
Bureaucracy is the most frustrating part of the job
Pros
rewarding knowing that WFP assist the hungry poor
Cons
lack of decent salary increases, long hours, poor work life balance, too much travel
4,0
It is a great experience to be able to work in the field and personal skills you need. The work area is extensive and extensive covering 2 districts with a distance of over 150 km of Moto.
Cons
Simple Hours
4,0
• I have good interpersonal communication skill in working with team and other stakeholders.
• I have a firm belief in respecting diversity and working in team

• Sensitive to vulnerable groups ( children, youth and women).

• I have a very good research back ground and well acquainted with Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
4,0
• I have a very good experience on project monitoring, evaluation, documentation and report writing skills.
• Concept note and project proposal

development

• Quality donor attractive reporting with success stories

5,0
This is an organisation that is well known for its good work ethics and hardworking staff.
I enjoyed working for this organisation because of its multicultural society.
Pros
Learning from different people from all over the world
Cons
Short term contracts
5,0
good experience with the UN systems and field work.
Location was far off in the North of Ugand a and South of Sudan which was very hot and newly recovering from the 20year insurgency.

enjoyable work and a new experience
Pros
good experience and exposure to the UN work
Cons
short term engagement
5,0
It is a good place, having to start your internship at an international well recognized company, the experience is broad and having to deal with new people from all over the world is amazing, having to learn their cultures. The hardest part of the job is when the internet goes down because our staff is always communicating with people from outside the country like romw every hour.

what i love most is when im setting up a pc for new users, hence i said some of them are international, so i have to be friendly and help them calmly since some of them are not english oriented but familiar with french and having to learn their language.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at World Food Programme?