World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

South Africa5 reviews

3,9Management

Fun Workplace

Different duties everyday... But basically we had to Capture data and update the statistics of covid19 patients. For us we had to connect computers everyday, cause the equipment we used wasn't of the Department of Health.

Pros

Payment was Great

Cons

Workload

Organized with good resources

My point of view with WHO all I can say is that is a good place to work for, I have developed a new skill of being multitask in an advanced way. Being more disciplined and responsible. Manage pressure yet deliver accordingly. Learn different cultures and know more about Health issues and the role played by the department of Health Word wide. Management is good and recognizes the contributions of each and every staff member from top to bottom. Language challenge since I am coming from another province but I am willing to learn it and it also advancing my communication in terms of languages.I am also learning the international language which is part of the requirements if you work for the United Nations.

Pros

Travelling international

Cons

Do not recognize national holidays

Very competive and technical organization

At WHO apart from an excellent working environment, it is a big technical school. We receive technical support frequently from international experts as well as regular technical meetings and conferences.

Productive and setting an example

Working hours are from 8am - 5pm from Monday to Friday I learned a lot on the job eg. When i arrived in the organization i was unable to use computer, and now i am able to use most of programmes of the computer with office administration course completed and diploma in office management Management is very supportive in all the area of work/programmes/workplans etc I work well with all my co-workers and i am able to work as a team player in the office I have never experience the hardest part of my job Mostly i enjoy working with booking of courier online and printing, binding, email and filling of documents I also enjoy assisting customers over the phone, through emails and over the counter

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Healthcare

Technical support

Respond and check email everyday.Assist customers with query and publications.Be positives and know your responsibilities and know what you want.Management - i do not manage much in the office, but i believe i am a good manager and learn from what i am doingI have build a good and trust relationship between myself and my co-workers.Hardest part of the job is when i do not perform well under pressure or when i do not meet deadlines.I enjoy the work when i able to help customers and do what i am capable of doing more and exel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Health Organization. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,6 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,9 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

World Health Organization Reviews by Location

• World Health Organization
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?