Worley
Information from Worley:

Worley Employee Reviews

South Africa83 reviews
4,0
WorleyParsons is one of the top engineering design firm which offers great exposure to the EPCM industry. One gets exposure to Mining, Hydrocarbons, energy and power sectors.
Pros
Working with highly qualified engineers
Cons
No benefits
5,0
a tipical day at work - hard work
what you learned -

Management - Good

Workplace culture - good

the hardes part of the job - No permanent work

the most enjoyable part of the job - Work culture
Pros
good Job Culture
Cons
no overtime
4,0
During my time spent at WorleyParsons I was granted the opportunity where I was exposed to a number of Medium/Large Projects. I had the opportunity to be involved in both Time Material Projects as well as Fixed Cost Projects.

I had the privilege of being productively managed and enjoyed my time thoroughly and was very thankful for the opportunity to grow my knowledge.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Job Secuirity
4,0
Very pleasant working environment, learning was accumulated on a daily basis, best part of the job was to solve the unsolvable. We worked as a team across the globe. I reported to the CIO in Houston. Travel was required to various locations within the UK Europe which was a learning curve by itself, as we got to meet people from many different work cultures.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
The journey to work was too long
5,0
State of the art offices and working environment second to none. employee welfare and growth is definitely a big priority for worley parsons. will recommend them as an employer
1,0
The management is bad. There is little to no communication and they higher-ups don't seem to care about the staff.
The work culture emulates this. No on really cares about the work they do. No one participates in charity drives or other non-work related things.
Pros
People
Cons
Ugly office space
2,0
Corporate culture demanding that we all adhere to policies. However senior management failed to act on concrete concerns raised by the team. Resulting in loss of contract/project.
Pros
Excellent project team
Cons
Weak management
4,0
Spent 7 to 8 years at the institution and worked on some of the most exciting projects for clients like:
Sasol

Eskom

Transnet

General Electric

By far the best working experience that I have gained in my career
Pros
Structure Growth
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Was good working till management change. Work was little with no training done. work stress was high. no opportunity to grow in the company. was good culture in the office
5,0
great atmosphere good people clean and great offices great lunches views staff location, just a really cool office to work in with control access and high tech systems
4,0
• Handling of Scopes and processes related (Scope Variations, additional scope, etc.)
• Develop project plans on Primavera P6 derived from contractor plans in various formats

• Determine critical paths

• Establish baselines

• Draw up Histograms

• Keeping of minutes in daily outage meetings

• Compiling files and documents of complete ORI indicators

• Complying to Eskom’s Gold standards and ORI processes

• Arranging and giving feedback in ORI and Audit meetings with all relevant stakeholders

• Keep in good relations with client and contractors

• Work hand in hand with Project Managers and Engineers

• Warn and manage all relevant parties if slippage or delays are likely
Pros
professional working environment
Cons
Long hours, stressful, client difficulties
5,0
This employer ensured staff came first. The job was a long and sometimes frustrating one due to external influence but generally a good work experience.
2,0
Low quality of management and lack of applying employee suggestions to improve. Project management much better but pretty much hands tied by corporate management.
Pros
offices easily accessable
Cons
bad corporate mangement and low paying
3,0
Site visits to monitor construction work and issuing site instructions to do remedial work.
First time encountered the IRI (International Roughness Index) for roads to monitor the ridebility of the road.

The hardest part of the job is taking minutes of meeting and putting it down in writing.
Pros
Working with engineering calleugues and preventing mistakes.
Cons
Being available at awkward hours.
4,0
One of the few international companies in South-Africa who strive to create a culture of professional work ethics and at the same time explore and develop individual traits. They expect the best from their people while while ensuring that all support, assistance and guidance creates a win-win situation not only within the company but, for their clients as well.
Pros
Encourages and rewards positive performance
Cons
Work pressure to meet end dates.
4,0
Interesting work initially but with management change my position/opinion was no longer required & the spice in my work requirements became dull & unintersting
4,0
Working for Worleyparsons / IX Engineers has been a true experience and I learned allot from my superiors, everyday was a new learning development, and experience
4,0
Flexible hours are great.
Went from Project Secretary to Document Controller in the years there. Interesting place to work. Challenges every day, which is good. People are great to work with and quite supportive.
Pros
Canteen with good prices, in Melrose Arch with restaurants and mall areas, great people, flexible hours
Cons
Very little salary increases, no bonus, Jhb traffic, no study growth available outside job description or outside company
3,0
Because of the economic climate, WorleyParsons RSA employees do not have any job security.

A typical workday consists of Engineering and design, and occasionally do proposals for new projects.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not much jobs comming in
5,0
An exciting work place. Still missing it. Ended my employment there at the end of March 2017 as a result of tapering down of mining activities locally and globally.
Pros: Free lunches and the amount of experience I gained in the mining field. People were very helpful and assisting. The hardest part of the job was the long hours when permitted.

Cons: End of contract there.
Pros
free lunches, at least that's what they want us to believe.
Cons
end of contract
4,0
Was nice to work under normal conditions and l learned allot of the ins and out of building services. The hardest part of the job was to work with contractors that is not suitable to do their jobs.
Pros
December holiday
Cons
No overtime