Worley
Information from Worley:

Worley Management reviews

South Africa83 reviews
3,0
Was good working till management change. Work was little with no training done. work stress was high. no opportunity to grow in the company. was good culture in the office
5,0
a tipical day at work - hard work
what you learned -

Management - Good
Workplace culture - good
the hardes part of the job - No permanent work

the most enjoyable part of the job - Work culture
Pros
good Job Culture
Cons
no overtime
1,0
The management is bad. There is little to no communication and they higher-ups don't seem to care about the staff.
The work culture emulates this. No on really cares about the work they do. No one participates in charity drives or other non-work related things.
Pros
People
Cons
Ugly office space
2,0
Corporate culture demanding that we all adhere to policies. However senior management failed to act on concrete concerns raised by the team. Resulting in loss of contract/project.
Pros
Excellent project team
Cons
Weak management
5,0
This employer ensured staff came first. The job was a long and sometimes frustrating one due to external influence but generally a good work experience.
2,0
Low quality of management and lack of applying employee suggestions to improve. Project management much better but pretty much hands tied by corporate management.
Pros
offices easily accessable
Cons
bad corporate mangement and low paying
4,0
Interesting work initially but with management change my position/opinion was no longer required & the spice in my work requirements became dull & unintersting
3,0
There are many projects to design and this brings work pressure.
Many of the work is out of country and you travel a lot.

Due to the size of this huge company, management has to be strict and this puts a damper on the office atmosphere.
The salaries are not that compete able.The workers has good job security due to the many projects.

Satisfaction lies in job satisfaction and success.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Salaries and benefits.
5,0
great working conditions. flexible hours. Great management.
essential time keeping. managers up to speed always deliver on time.
2,0
The working environment is stereotyped and there are few personal links with senior management.
Prior to Worley Parsons i.e. TWP, we were able to manage our projects freely and successfully with minimum supervision.

Co-workers felt no personal pride in their work and it was tough to motivate staff to perform to their maximum.

When certain targets were met, Like Impala 17 Shaft, we were awarded a watch showing Impala's appreciation for our dedication in achieving our goals.
4,0
WorleyParsons is a great company to work for, the culture is very good, peers are very supportive and helpful, same as management. I became a document controller and learned all systems, including SharePoint administration, Aconex and Encompass. Hardest part of the job was when systems were offline and I had to issue documentation to the client. The most enjoyable day was when I achieved all my goals set for the day.
Pros
Canteen in the building
Cons
Systems being offline
5,0
A typical day at work would include meeting all the deadlines, reports to be kept up to date, ensuring all relevant communication between work team, keeping contractors up to date with change of management. Learning the environment of working on plant, and to excel my knowledge. Fun and loving my colleagues, very important to keep all confidentiality of each co-worker for myself. Making sure all are satisfied and learn how to interact with different cultures. I do not find anything hard at work, I can perform and walk the extra mile under pressure, and this is one of my strongest qualities.
Pros
Accommodation and Travel Expenses
Cons
No Pension Fund and Contract Work
3,0
the company does have excellent systems for projrct management and cost control on projects.
international work share so that scarce skills can be shared
Pros
flexitime
Cons
sometimes workload is very high
4,0
Safety,Time, Cost and fun, Contractor Management is the best and productive way to achieve a Safe productive and costly environment
Pros
Housing, Car, Travel allowance
Cons
Away from home
4,0
WorleyParsonsRSA (WPRSA) bought TWP from Basil Read in 2013. WPRSA has offices worldwide and excel in oil&gas and renewable energy projects. TWP excelled in mineral/mining/process projects, which of course is a positive for WPRSA. WPRSA is the typical EPCM (Engineering/Procurement/Consulting/Management) company dealing with various Clients.
3,0
Fairly relaxed work place with not so supportive management. All about the numbers but also how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Subsidised meals
Cons
Heavy traffic to and from work
4,0
A normal day at work included a cup of coffee with colleagues, catching up on work activities and social aspects too.

I learned everything I know in Electrical Engineering through WorleyParsons RSA. Designing, Commissioning, factory acceptance testing...

Great management and filled with a culture to learn and improve.

Co-workers ensured to enrich others through mentorship and intellectual discussions.

The timelines brought about a lot of pressure as the work is client driven and full of dead-lines.

Learning about mining processes, process plants, factories and electrical switchgear.
Pros
Educational and career development
Cons
Poor salary structures
2,0
A demanding, fast track project in terms of schedule, safety & quality. The company is going through a transition period after a major acquisition of a leading mining, engineering & management company.
5,0
It was a South african company that was merged with an Australian company and so it was a lot of educating the foreign management on how legal legislation plays a part in our everyday working.

It was busy as i travelled to Johannesburg when training regarding HR procedures was due to management and staff was friendly and it was challenging.

i enjoyed the ability to run with an idea and my manager would give me the freedom to go with it and give her feedback and then roll it out to senior managers for implementation to the entire company.
Pros
flexible working hours, travelling
Cons
long hours when others did not meet there deadlines
4,0
I enjoy the work enviroment and I always look forward to come to work every day. People here are very friendly to work with and I have learned a lot since working at this company. Management is good and they look after their staff. Hardest part of the job is when the client doesn't know what they want. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get all the required information to do your job.
4,0
Attending to queries received via email and face to face, so be ready to give a helping hand when needed.

Management is friendly and approachable, open to have any discussion with employees.

Lesson learnt: Focus on the solution and not the problem, be solution and people driven.

Hardest: Getting line managers to keep to and apply procedures and process in their dealing with employees

Enjoyable: Arranging the various staff events and seeing satisfied employees after I have assisted them with their enquireis.
Pros
Subsidized meals, travelling allowance, pension fund & medical aid
Cons
Reporting in Matrix structure, role clarification can become blured at times