Xerox Employee Reviews

South Africa35 reviews
3,0
I used to work with electronics, we were based in printers. I used to deliver printers to every kind of work place. The hardest part is that we used to work under time schedule, had limited time
Pros
Keep company vehicle
Cons
You damage company goods you pay
5,0
I worked as a truck driver delivering and collecting printing machines and installing them sometimes where clients need to use the printers immediately. And always make sure we handle them with extra care as they're fragile and Sensitive.
There is no growth
Employee favouritism

Salary increase never reviewed

Overworked and no recognition

There are times when you happy but limited.

Demotions without explanation
5,0
Amazing place to grow your technical abilities to learn from people within many different industries Xerox touches on many mediums of technology, grow with the company and its teams.
Pros
Friendly work environment, Good family & work balance.
Cons
Hierarchy Politics
4,0
From early we have to assist customer in fixing there printers, deliver toners and drums around the work place, ensure all 169 printers are still in good working conditions. Some times we have to work hand in hand with the IT department, that is were I learned how to do configuration and some of the skills i pick up from this work place is how to run serves(administration), fix printers and communications skills(team work).
Pros
Get to learn something new almost every week.
Cons
No lunch time, too much work load and we short staffed.
5,0
A typical day was data entry, phone customer for meter readings, doing reports for incorrect contract loaded, fixing incorrect meter readings. What I have learn is to know how to deal with internal and external customers queries and how to communicate well and excel well in troubleshooting. The management at Xerox are very passionate about the employee, they have good leader ship skills, very motivated to the employee and tackle issues very fair. Xerox culture is to put the customer first and give good services on time. It’s the same in business. Today, key drivers of change are transforming the business landscape, and the enterprise must respond. So, are you ready to become your company’s biggest challenger, and meet change with change. The hardest part of my job was teaching some of our elderly clients how to read their invoices over the phone and trying to calm furious customer who’s not happy with service or don’t understand how we are billing them, we had an awesome management team who taught us cross-training was job security. The more knowledge we have enables us to assist not just our department, but any other part of the company when needed. A typical day was always busy which made the day go really fast. I learned some invaluable multi-tasking skills and how to prioritize my work to satisfy our customers. Be part of a team that is dedicated, eager to providing the very best services experience to our customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving our customers, both internally and externally. I worked with a really nice group of co-workers and we all helped - more...
Pros
Billing Admin
3,0
It's fun to work in this company...although it requires more energy as you can stand for the whole day...the problem is that the salary is poor...overall the experience is worth having
Pros
day offs on holidays
Cons
less salary
4,0
At Xerox i had to learn how to sell, experience different functions.
We had to do co-calling and make sure the sales had come in,due to the company closing we had to be retrenched.
Pros
Fun, interacting with clients.
Cons
Being retrenched
1,0
My work include to answer call from our client when they will complaining about a machine broken which needed service or when they be requesting consumebles
Pros
no pros
Cons
non
4,0
My focus is schools and xerox product offering has adequate options which clients can choose from in line with their printing needs as well as their copying options
Pros
direct contact with clients
Cons
procedure of decision making processing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Xerox?
5,0
Sales, sales and sales! I've learned the importance of sales and communication skills as these are the engine that drive a close won.
Management is fully supportive which makes the job easier. The workplace culture is to feel and represent the brand positively at all times, furthermore the hardest part of the job was to get to the decision maker without any efforts as Business Owners are always busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a close won as this feeling makes you go into the next call highly motivated and confident that you will add value to the client and make a sale.
Pros
Upon achieving/ Over achieving, we got incentives like leaving work an hour earlier.
Cons
Short lunch due to assisting clients.
4,0
All the years i have been with 2for2 print media its been the best years of my life we worked hard and we made sure that our jobs are secured and we are doing all the best we can for customers.
I learned a lot from this company which i never knew
Pros
sometimes they offer us free food and transport
Cons
work long hours if we did not finish our job
2,0
Xerox, not a bad company to work for.......

A typical day was....

Searching for New Business, Daily Canvas and Cold Calling Work out quotes,Present quotes, Fill in contracts, Retrieve support documents, Report to management-deal progress, Help with training for new employees

the office automation world has lot's of competition and that makes it sometimes difficult, but also exciting....what I do know is that sales is a numbers game...how more prospects, how more sales.....

writing my own paycheck is a challenge, but so rewarding.
Pros
high income potential
Cons
Not the best product
4,0
it was very hectic from 8 o'clock till we close especially during our pick hours because we would even work overtime. I have learned that customers are always right and working as a team made our production to be good . Management was very corporative and the work environment was fun.
4,0
My time with Xerox was pivotal in my career. The office atmosphere was fun yet service driven and there were great incentives for Sales staff, which added to the overall team performance.
4,0
Xerox offers a productive and healthy working environment and dedicated in empowering it's employees by sending them to various training courses. Ive gained a great deal of skills while I was working for Xerox but most of all I've learnt to work with different people everyday, empathising and putting the client first as I was a field Technician.
Pros
Car allowance and petrol card
Cons
Travelling long hours
3,0
typical day at work , always busy
learnt a lot about everything dealing with computers

management is good

co workers are friendly they keep it professional

having to deal with difficult customers
Pros
mamagement is good
Cons
always busy
always busy besides December
a lot about computers

they know their limits of being a manager

co workers are they are very friendly

having to deal with difficult customers

i learnt alot whilst being at Xerox
Cons
always busy
3,0
I am very bubbly, hard worker, can work under pressure, self driven individual, highly
motivated, energetic and enthusiastic, My work experience has enable me to adapt to the working environment and get on with a variety of different people.

working at Xerox has been so informative for me cause i learn something new almost everyday, my team is very much helpful aswell

my day at work i start at 9am pick up my headset and dial i call start up, maturing, established businesses to offer them Voacom products so i sell, sell, sell until 6pm

The harderst part is going home without a sale
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
5,0
I mostly worked on .site , and it it was always a fulfilling day .In interacting with it staff invaluable knowledge is shared .server knowledge etc.
Everyone works as a team and it is good to share knowledge and work together solving problems .

Work was enjoyable , sometimes a bit stressfull when minimising customer down time .

overall an exciting knowledgeable rewarding environment to be in .
Pros
Self paced and managed .
1,0
When people work for your company they should look forward to come to work the following day. Working environment should be fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Cons
Bad working enviroment