XPO Logistics
3,2 out of 5 stars.

XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

Showing all 7 630 reviews

Really good place if you want to get burnt out

They jobs is straight forward but the seniority chart allows old drivers to be lazy and you guys to work hard. They never hire new people consistently

20 May 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

good pay

not a bad job. Good pay. 45 minute break . Get paid for 30 min. Working towards targets but seems okay to achieve it as long as you keep being consistent

Pros

good pay

Cons

Extra hours

Productivity is monitored

It's not fun anymore I work there for 25 years It used to be fun. Long hard hours. Your vacation time is paid on 40-hour basis if you work at night you use 50 a week minimum. It should be based on a average of hours worked like it is for our Canadian partners.

it is great working for XPO Logistics but they need to give us Overtime to receive a Good Paycheck Every Week Especially Living in San Jose CA 95110..

19 May 2022
We value your feedback – thanks for letting us know how we can be better. We'll share your comments with the senior leadership team. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to XPO!

honest review

They have an amazing training modules. Pay is comparable and inline with the industry. expectations are very demanding with little to no work life balance. After first week training, no support,extremely demanding, with no clear direction. Managers that are not able to communicate or teach. Managers are not what they appear to be. must watch back at all times. unless you are in the boy club watch your back. They will do whatever it takes to get you out. They do shady dealings within certain departments and if you stand up for it, you become black listed. open door policy means everyone knows everything about you. co workers will be afraid to even say hello if you are blacklistedmy advice, run, but if you decide to work for them. keep your head down, don't ask questions, make sure you have clear understanding of what your job duties are and what is expected. make sure everything is in writing. do not socialize or think you can trust anyone. you can trust no one. . they will use you to get brownie points with the boy club. do not trust anyone. do not talk to anyone about anything. any little thing can make them get rid of you. you have to much experience, your work ethic is too good, your too above board. if they don't like your personality,if management sees you as a threat because of your experience, even if you are better looking, they will get you out regardless if you do an exceptional job,

Pros

pay is ok. training material is exceptional, trainers are great.

Cons

everything else.

20 May 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Although it sounds like we started off on the right foot with training, it's disheartening to hear about your experience at our terminal. We'll share your feedback with senior leadership and if you would like to report your concerns, you can contact the Compliance Office at Ethics@xpo.com, call our whistleblower hotline at 800-638-1486, or respond on xpo.ethicspoint.com

Fast paced

Still there because of the money, but the quality of freight and, the accountability of the way the company is going is rock bottom. The equipment is extremely old and hardly ever replaced.

Pros

Monday to Friday and the money

Cons

Everything else

Just a great company to work for.

I’ve been looking for a company like this for so long, they provide CDL training as well in case you want to become a truck driver. The best part is that you’ll be driving a forklift all day and you won’t break your back unlike other warehouse jobs.

18 May 2022
It's always great to hear from our current employees. Thanks for taking time to write a review! We're glad that you enjoy working here and we're happy you're on the team!

I was doing paperwork’s and driving stand up formlift

I loved that job and it wasn’t no problem at all with that company I told myself to stop working there because I moved away from my current location where I used to live but no question about that job it was easy and pretty simple.

Pros

Free lunches sometime

Cons

35 min break

18 May 2022
Thanks for taking time to leave a review about your experience with XPO. We really appreciate it!

Good Pay and that's it.

Not a good place to work. Hours are much longer than advertised and you have zero control over when you go home. Dock is a nightmare to work in as there are hundreds of people on equipment working 12+ hours every night with their only goal being getting out of there.

17 May 2022
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Pay is good and job isn’t hard management sucks

Management isn’t good treats employees bad. Want you to complete job without all the supplies needed to do so. Management wants you to do things that they can’t do

17 May 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We encourage you to speak to your HR business partner. Also, you can share your concerns on our Ethics hotline: 1-800-638-1486. In the meantime, we'll pass your comments along to the senior leadership team.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at XPO Logistics?

Fast moving, Time sensitive from the beginning to ending. Good equipment and I really like working the linehuel division.

It's like a lot companys, good when you learn the rules and follow them and you won't have problems. I was there for almost 28 years and I was a leader and trainer. There's coworker's I'll strained 20 plus years ago and a lot of them are still there. That's a good feeling.

16 May 2022
Thanks so much for being a part of XPO and for taking time to share your thoughts and comments. We're grateful for your dedication to the team and appreciate your being a driver trainer. You should definitely be proud that the people you've trained are still doing well - that's a wonderful accomplishment!

Empresa racista que trata mal a la gente,

trabaje durante un tiempo en esa empresa, y no puedo entender que las autoridades permitan que esta gente pueda ejercer actividad laboral ninguna, se trata de una empresa que practica el racismo, abiertamente, que comete barbaridades laborales, y que utilizá el miedo para calla a la gente, por favor cierren ese sitio.

Warehouse op

Honestly, work elsewhere.Management can't run a bath, never mind a transport and warehousing operation.Avoidable delays are normal. Poor quality equipment, that takes time to get repaired is very common.Needless penny-pinching by management is an every day occurrence, and destroys morale.

Nefasta

Estuvimos trabajando en el departamento de devoluciones varios meses , nos despidieron a todas , porque nos dijeron que no había trabajo, posteriormente me entero de que contratan a una empresa externa para hacer nuestro trabajo, y encima Lis hacen de empresa , y fijos . No hay estabilidad laboral , los contratos son por ett , y duración de risa .

Only good thing is you home everyday

Stay away unless you love being lied too overworked & underpaid..have u taken test to boost their safety rates..won't give no raises..high turnover..take your pto days if you miss work..have to beg for a ride to the gate after your shift ends to go home..dispatch & ppl who ride/walk around checking trailers make more than cdl drivers..management sucks they afraid of losing their job..so much more & non of it good

Terrible. Turr. Ib. Ule.

Never again. After a dozen years the parents Company gutted those who knew anything and left a bunch of dimwits to run the show.Bad bad bad bad bad bad.

Pros

Ha ha.

Cons

Idiots who pretend to be smart.

Csr

Alot of favoritism would not work here at all. The hours are good but the pay is terrible it’s high school all over again. Training is terrible you train for 3 days and that’s all.

11 May 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience with XPO. We're currently reviewing our processes and expanding training programs. We'll share your feedback with the senior management team.

Good company, bad management

Company is good, but the management is the reason why many leave the company. It's a shame...they push you to do things for wich you signed in induction that you'll never do.

XPO is a good company. Fair pay and decent benefits

I worked as a yard jockey for about a year. It was a good experience and I enjoyed the work. Management was fair, pay was competitive and benefits were on par.

Pros

Good team at the terminal I worked.

Cons

Didn't have an opening for a driver at my terminal when I completed my CDL-A certification

11 May 2022
Thanks so much for taking time to share about your experience with XPO. We're expanding and growing across the country, so be sure to check back with us as there will be more driver opportunities in the future!

collaboration, good practicing

when I started I did have any experience and xpo gave me the opportunity, the manager had patience with me; I had collaboration of the team Good experience, good company, good benefice wile I worked I learned a lot

11 May 2022
We appreciate this wonderful review! Thanks for taking time to share your insights and experiences.

Good company to work for and does care about its employees

I would return there after my healing absolutely. Having to leave was the worst decision I had to make for my own well being. I would LOVE the opportunity to return to XPO.

10 May 2022
Thanks for the great review. We encourage you to send an email to the recruiting team at Talent@xpo.com and they can get you in contact with a recruiter. Also, check out our available positions at jobs.xpo.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 7 630 reviews

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,8 out of 5 stars for Management
2,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • XPO Logistics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?