YOKOHAMA INDUSTRIES AMERICAS
2,9 out of 5 stars.

YOKOHAMA INDUSTRIES AMERICAS Employee Reviews

2,7Work-Life Balance

It’s ok

They hire people that arnt physically fit enough to perform the job then expect everyone else to do their job for them. High turn over rate. Work place drama.

Nursing home

It's way to demanding.. the long shifts are a beast. I feel like they don't care about the employees . And with all the people there you shouldn't have to work with with you and at times you just might have to

No free time

They’ll work you most weekends and not tell you until the last second. Never guaranteed that you’ll have more than one day off. However my co workers were friendly.

Pros

Friendly co workers, decent pay

Cons

No free time

bad management

They all think they can over work us and really sucks at trying to manage this company is a joke they expect way to much out of people and if u are not fast they fire u high turn over

Good people bad management on the production side

Bad production management makes this job a challenge. 7 days a week, ton of over time mandatory for building parts for Chrysler/Jeep. Some for ford and Nissan. Low end of the pay scale. Walmart pays more. So does McDonald's, at least on the production side. Maintenance Manager and team are solid and good folks. Pitfalls here are the production management team.

Pros

Cons

Benefit's are on the low end.

It was some place I never derided going too just put it that way

I loved Yokohama it was a great place too work at would love to have my job there back but iv got to have itless a few day's a week off don't mind to work over time but have to have a couple days a week off I do work over time whenever I'm needing over time

Long work hours no care for you as a person

They will not treat you with any respect and if you have a family they will basically tell you its the job first. They have no care or understanding for people. They talk down on everyone and upper management and hr treat everyone badly

Cons

I haven't been here long but I love my job

I feel like they are family orientated and try to help everyone they can in their own person way. I hope that I can stay here for many years to come....

no work life balance what so ever

they want you to dedicate your entire life to working for this company. they make it mandatory that you work 6-7 days a week. all the shifts are 10 hours so you’ll be working 70 hours a week with no days off in between. they won’t give out raises to attract more people to apply, instead they over work and underpay what little workers they have left. if they can’t adapt to the changes in the job market right now they’re not going to make it through the year, and the easley branch will fail. upper management needs to self reflect as to why they only have 30 people working on a shift when they should have at least 80 people working on a shift. HR also acts like the people that work on the floor are less than them and i’ve heard them call us in their words “dumb as rocks” and “so ugly they’d hate to have x-ray vision in here”. they need a complete overhaul on who they have in the office and give out raises and they’d be fine and yet…

Pros

Pto, health, dental

Cons

no life outside of work, disrespectful HR staff, modern day sweatshop

Abysmal communication, pay, and work conditions

The office staff and the floor workers are in a constant tug of war in terms of communication, it feels more like it’s two different factories fighting each other to get work done between shifts, one shift will do poorly then another will do great, both get punished, and if happens on both sides of the coin for any department, a lot of the higher up staff will keep you in the dark and act like you don’t know enough about anything to be told useful information like shipments, orders, raise negotiation, etc.. The pay is awful by today’s standards, jobs that used to be the highest paid in the plant pay about the same as regular employees despite the requirements to apply for them (there is an application system in place for higher pay scale jobs, things like gold work keys, experience, etc.. are all taken into account for being accepted but you won’t be told that by anyone but other floor employees) and the work areas are a constant gamble between getting paired up with slow workers that purposely work slow to get put on the weekend list, and people that work so fast you can’t hardly keep up, drama between workers on the assembly line is akin to a highschool classroom despite a majority of the employees here being upwards of 45 years old. In summary you are way better off working somewhere else

Pros

It’s easy work

Cons

56+ hours a week Mandatory overtime, low pay for hard work, upper management picks favorites

You are nothing but a body

I liked my actual job. But everything else about this place is bad. Don't work here unless it's your last option. Some of the people I worked with were good people.

Ok place to work.

Not bad. They need help all the time. Don’t start off with great pay. Benefits are pretty good, even if you have a family to put on it. Long hours though.

Don’t do it

If you’re thinking about working here, save your time and fill out another application. Unless you’re as desperate for money as they are for employees .. I promise you’ll hate it eventually.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

You name it

Mismanaged Way Too Much Overtime

Good when I first started but as time continued new business was mismanaged. Working constant overtime almost 70 hours a week 7 days a week. No advancement opportunities, no raises or bonuses. Horrible work environment

Pros

Good Co Workers

Cons

Excessive Overtime, Bad Management

Overworked underpaid

Work all the time with no slack for time off. My crew was on 7 days 10 hour days. If you have children it makes work life and home life very hard to manage

Good place

Good place to work. Schedule is good. The break times are set good. 40 hours in 4 days. Work 10 hours a day. Easy job, decent pay. Would recommend for sure.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I love my part time hours

Great place to work. Nice people and environment. I work part-time in the evenings which is great. The supervisor is nice and a fair person as far as I know. Great place.

Pros

Love my hours

Cons

Non

Fast Paced but Completely Unorganized

Potential to be a great company, but executive leadership changes mindset from the morning to evening. Somewhat unapproachable and tends to micromanage. Makes the environment seem chaotic and hard to standardize.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unstable and chaotic

Productive and fun workplace with pin

There are nice people to work with and the pay is good. I like the staff and it's easy work. The hours are fair. You knew if you had to work Saturday's or Sunday's.

Overworked and understaffed

They have these high quotas they expect you to meet even though they know they don’t have the manpower to create the numbers. I also feel like when working 10 hour shifts we should be entitled to at least a hour lunch break

Pros

Good money

Cons

Too much overtime

The job is easy if you can deal with management

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at YOKOHAMA INDUSTRIES AMERICAS is horrible. They don't care about your home life at all. The only thing they want us for you to be at work and make parts. They don't care if your child is sick, or if you get sick, or if you get injured. They won't send you home if you get sick, and if you chose to leave they point you.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at YOKOHAMA INDUSTRIES AMERICAS are horrible. Full time employees only make 25cents more than temps. The benefits are too expensive. The current employees have so far worked 60 days since labor day with out a day off. If they don't have pto or vacation and have a family emergency they can't miss because they get pointed.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at YOKOHAMA INDUSTRIES AMERICAS, there is no job security. They knowingly let people come in drunk or high. They value the employees that do the least and miss the most days above the people who actually work hard and show up.ManagementIn general, managers at YOKOHAMA INDUSTRIES AMERICAS are good. Some of them try to be fair and good to the employees. But for the most part they are rude and disrespectful. They are allowed to talk to you how ever they want. They retaliate if you try to stand up for yourself. And HR won't do anything about it. If you go to HR about a supervisor, they call you a liar and immediately inform the supervisor what was said and by whom.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YOKOHAMA INDUSTRIES AMERICAS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance